News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

stupid tooth

Started by Garney, July 06, 2010, 03:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garney

sorry guys I really can't do anything it hurts just so bad

the darvocet works for like an hour tries to put me to sleep and then it hurts again

calling around all the dentists are $150 or more because they require xrays and stuff not just taking it out please just take it out and i only have $70

red_uni387

D: meanie dentists

I hope you manage to find a dentist that will just take it out *hugs*

Garney

tempted to just go to this low income walk in clinic and have them do it now and just overdraw the darn banki dont care anymore

red_uni387

if it hurts that much I think you should...then you could think about how to raise the money without the pain bothering you

Garney

it's 80 more than i have i can do that.. just hope it doesn't give me overdraft fees that make that 200 or something

Goddesss

Been there.  Done that.  Glad you were able to get it taken care of though.

TheKennel

The gaping hole in my jaw is hurting less now, I was actually able to sleep last night finally. I even ate soft scrambled eggs! Woo!

After being on a mostly liquid diet for nearly two weeks that felt awesome.

PonyMama

Congrats Garney. I am glad that even though it hurt your bank balance that you got it done.  Now it is just a healing process.

BabyKittenCandy

Teeth are evil nasty things when they go wrong and dentists are a total rip off! I completely sympathise dear and Im glad you can finally start feeling better.

TheKennel

Taru was scaring me with stories about tooth infections paralyzing facial nerves and just daaahhh *squirm*

PonyMama

I think that worst I got when I had a wisdome tooth pulled is lock jaw, which sucked but that was becasue the meds they gave me didn't work (I can use acedamediphine but not ibuprofen, which they gave me to help with swelling)
It will heal fine

Taruia

I was scaring her with stories of what can happen if you DON'T get your teeth pulled...my poor friend ended up with facial paralysis due to an infection from her tooth spreading to her facial nerve. They still aren't sure if it's going to be permanent or not. *huggles her Garney*

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

PonyMama

Ahhh well then good for you Taru, she needed to get that dealt with

indigowulf

we had an evil dentist in the small town i grew up in. if you went in for anything that required pain killers during visit, he'd gas you. if you had gold in your mouth, he'd remove it and replace it with porcelian, and sell the gold. he covered his butt by claiming 'im the dentist, i know whats best for you, gold isnt good for your teeth, i fixed you, no charge' our town has a population of less then 500 people, and yet somehow he managed to build a private golf course on his 'estate' of 10 acres.

im glad you dont have to be subjected to that kind of person!

bewilderness

*hugs*  Glad you got it taken care of.  There are few things worse than a toothache. 

TheKennel

See in my small hometown we had a lovely dentist who would charge only $50 for extractions - only the most basic meds of course, x-rays always optional.

Now it's x-rays required!!!11zomg and all this fuss about a thorough exam before extracting. Seriously, I'm an adult, I don't mind losing teeth if they cause me more pain in an hour than both my childbirths combined. I will quite happily live up to the toothless redneck cliche if it means less pain.

sera

*snugs* Poor Garney! Teeth stuff bite.  x__X;  . . . hurhur, no pun intended. =P  i abhor having teeth work done and am enough of a pansy that the cavity i need taken care of is something i keep putting off.  <<;  But my appt is Mon. =P 

It's nice of your dentist to attempt to keep it in there, though.  ^^

indigo, i would have sued your dentist's butt off and taken that nice estate for myself.  <<  That kind of attitude and actions infuriates me.  ><;;;