News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Crispy on the outside!

Started by PonyMama, July 11, 2010, 11:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

So I spent some time at a beach with my brother and his GF yesterday, and my back got a teeny fried, but not too bad, so today when I took my kids adn a friend of Uzuri's tot eh beach I made sure to add sunblock a few times

Well guess what, didn't help, now I am burned ont he front, face, legs, arms, and feet.

Ahhh I am in so much pain, and radiating heat

sera

*slathers you with aloe* : /

Dude, i had the worst time finding aloe up here. o__O;  i remember us buying the giant bottles of green goop, but all i could find was a tiny baby aloe with vit E added. <<;;;

PonyMama

already slathered in aloe
big bottle lasts one summer here usually, unless we stay inside.  Today was ranging from 32-40 degrees C, depending on where you were

At the lake it was so warm the sand burned the bottom of my feet

Neocridders

Ack. I've been there before. And since I've had lupus, I've not allowed myself to get burned so badly. Of course, it's inevitable... since I don't tan. I can be outside for 10 minutes and be burned pretty badly.

But I've been lucky, no severe burns yet this year. Haha. We'll just see what happens at band camp, though... mellophones reflect a bit terribly on your arms. I watched myself cook that week.

And boy, I hope you get better soon. I know I never could sleep when I was burned. It was terrible.

Get well soon!

indigowulf

ive only had sunburns a few times in my life. the odd thing is, if i use sunblock, i burn. if i dont, i wont. 100%. One year, my dad fell asleep in a lawn chair when we were camping, and burnt the BOTTOM of his feet so bad they blistered! he couldnt go to work for like 10 days!