News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Baby Name suggestions

Started by PonyMama, July 30, 2010, 07:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

NO I am not pregnant again, but a friend of mine is, and she knows I speak my mind, so she came to me asking for help trying to find a little girls name.

She is not far enough along to know for sure what she is having, but she already has a boys name.
Ryker Gabriele Linden.  
SO that is one first name and two middle names.

She already has 2 little boys with her Ex, each has one first name and 2 middle names.

So now on with the issues.  She is stuck due to family tradition naming a daughter Mary.
Next issue, she likes the second middle name Jolie, while her BF likes Nevaeh (which I HATE!)  I know my opinion doesn't count but I have to throw it out there

So we need a name that goes well with the two names:

Mary ________________ Jolie/Nevaeh

~~~~~~~~~~
So far today we discussed
Bria
Kiera
and Addison

Does anyone have anymore suggestions?  The first middle name will be what little mary will go by in her day to day life.

SeaCrest

Ann/Anne? I'd say Jane, but she's already got one J name...What about Louise? XD

PonyMama

Can't do louise, since funny enough that is her name
Mary Louise

She won't do Jane or anything like that since ehr Ex mother in law was Joan

Keilin Alyr

I don't like the name Nevaeh much either. It always struck me as pretentious and overly cutesy, but that might be because of the people I know who've chosen or adore the name in real life. It's just "heaven" backwards, guys, not life-changing for your baby. *shrugs*

I like Alice or Brianna paired with Mary. Actually, a lot of 3-syllable names pair decently with Mary, like Sierra, Alicia, Sophia, Rhiannon, or Olivia. Also, they may sound a bit old-fashioned, but Isabella, Katherine, and Elizabeth pair beautifully with Mary as well.

Hm, I really like Mary Alicia. If I didn't already know a Mary, I'd consider it for a daughter. =)

If your friend likes to take name meanings into account, Mary traditionally has the meaning of "bitter" or "beloved". Shirin would be cute to pair, as it means "sweet". Bittersweet or beloved and sweet? =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

PonyMama

She asks me becasue we have the same taste in names generally

We like the older names, but with a new age feel to them.
She won't use Elizabeth either becasue that is my little ones middle name

I like Alicia and Sophia (or Sophie)
Isabella was a name she picked with ehr ex so that will be a no go, but it does pair nicely.

Neocridders

Hmmm.

Mary Katlyn
Mary Kate
Mary Grace
Mary Olivia
Mary Heather
Mary Rose
Mary Anna
Mary Kimberly
Mary Daisy
Mary Janet
Mary Hope

Some ideas? XD I'm just thinking of names and putting it with Mary, and I hope maybe that sparks something?
Best of luck. I want to know what the winning name is, and I want to know if it ends up being a girl or boy.

YourLoveOnly

Ooh I like Daisy with that first and third name.
Mary Daisy Jolie. =3

I also like Alicia.