News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Secundi welcome Amos & Atticus! New Pictures Added

Started by Whimsy, September 26, 2010, 01:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whimsy

Okay i know ive posted alot lately lol but you are the only ones ive really got to talk to right now. So you get to be the first to meet my new kittens Amos & Atticus. After having to get rid of the puppy hy husband felt bad. Yesterday afternoon a lady showed up with 5 6 week old kittens. He had called her and told her that we were looking and she surprised us by bringing them over.

Well there were supposdly three little girls and two little boys, a grey and white girl, a orange and white girl, and a white girl (with a sandy tail and ears with bright blue eyes) then a orange boy and a coffee cream boy (ive never seen this color on a cat before). Well my husband instantly wanted the little 'white girl' and so we thought we had picked out kitten out but then i was just to in love with the little 'coffee cream boy' so he had to stay to. After looking up names i had picked out Lionel for the boy and then Abiegal for the girl..however after checking i seen that i infact had TWO boys and thus came Amos (a-mus) and Atticus (A-tic-us).

Now then these babies are awful special because when they were around 2 weeks old there mommy left them in the back yard of this womans house. So she brought them in and bottle fed the 5 little fuzz balls. Which makes my two new babies uber loving and super affectionet.

Amos is my little coffee cream boy, hes a little bit more playful and a little more needy. Atticus the white boy is a little love bug, he likes to be in hair though. He thinks my husbands facial hair is his mommy i suppose because he cleans it for him and then lays under his chin. When hes with me he crawls behind my neck and nestles under my hair.

Personally i think these babies are a siamese type kitten as they have the arrow like head and the little white boy has a sandy cream tail and ears and i believe his eyes are going to stay blue because they are very vibrant instead of that yellow blue most kittens have at this age.

Pictures will come in a few when i can get good ones with my camara!

Edit:A few pictures i have off my phone and from thier orginal owner.

My kittens are the white one, and the little odd colored orangy brown one to the far right.

Heres atticus's picture before i bathed him (they were both covered in flea dirt!)

Heres Amos's picture from yesterday.

Here they both are today
http://tinypic.com/r/sxc4kh/7
Atticus has a little bit of nose build up, and Amos has a watery eye, I have a vet appt for them when they turn 8 weeks as the vet said itd be useless to bring them in since its not healthy to treat a very young kitten with adult cat medicines.

I have some new pictures to show you guys atticus's markings. After looking at many van marked cats i can say pretty surely that that is not what his markings look like, or at least to me. After really getting a good look at him, his color on his tail goes up his back like a dorsal marking. In the color on his back you can vaugely see spotted tabby markings. Then on the back of his heels on his back legs there are color points in the creamy orange.

His ears, now this colors going to be a little hard to see as these are off my phone and its hard to see if its not in natural light.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2wf01gw.jpg

His little color points on his heels, very hard to see i know but its the best i can do lol as he grows older and lays still more ill get better ones!
http://i54.tinypic.com/keu5gx.jpg

Now on his tails its a little obvious, and if you look closely you can see it going up his back. Itd be better as a top view shot however seeing as he wont hold still for more then a few seconds i cant manage that lol
http://i54.tinypic.com/2d9qwlt.jpg

and heres a good shot of his pretty eyes
http://tinypic.com/r/2mg84up/7

and now heres Amos, the little brat wouldnt let me get a good one so this is what i get to share for now lol
http://tinypic.com/r/1254xuw/7

TheKennel

Pictures! Pictures! *claps!* <3 little kittehs

springacres

EEE!  Congrats Whimsy!  And yes PICTURES PICTURES :)

Keilin Alyr

Pictures! =D

Is there an echo in here or is it just me? XD

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

zarzamora

springacres

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Lectral

Aww, they are adorable!  *keeps husband from looking, or he'd want a new itty bitty*

Sounds like the white one might be a Van pattern (color on tail and ears, white everywhere else), and they do commonly have blue eyes, so you're right, they will probably stay blue.  It'll be easier to tell once he's a bit bigger.

The other little one is a cream, or dilute orange/red.  (Sounds like Atticus might have the same color on his tail and ears?  Maybe a little lighter?) Amos reminds me of a pair of cats my grandmother used to have; a pair of cream colored brothers, one short hair, one long hair - those were the first I'd ever seen that color XD

TheLeet

Whimsy

Thanks for the info lectral! Id say hes maybe a dilute orange? But atticus tail is very very light, its almost a cream yellow rather than orange, and the color on his ears would be unnoticalbe if it were any less then it is. I really do hope my little guys eyes stay blue because they are absolutly lovely!

springacres

Yeah, Amos definitely looks like a cream.  Amos looks pure white to me from the pictures but it probably is just the angle.  In any case they are both so, so gorgeous and congrats on them! <3

Whimsy

Ill get a good  picture of atticus someday lol, as a kitten hes to squirmy and playful to get a good shot of his tail. The coloring on his ears is very easy to over look and in the photos it dosnt show because its just like on the very back part of his ear where it touches his head. Im not sure he could be a van though because thier markings tend look crisp where they end to where his fades into his tail like a color pointed cat. I kind wonder if he'll grow out of it or if it'll get more vibrant with age.

Needless im enjoying my little boys very much so, they are very loving and sleep with me all the time. Amos knows his name and comes running, hes become very attached to me. Atticus now is a little more indpendent however he still takes any lovings he can get.

springacres

Well, there's a difference between the breed of cat called the Turkish Van and the color pattern known as van.
http://www.assetsoflife.com/The-Cat-Place/Cat%20Images/Turkish_Van_Cat.1.JPG This is a Turkish Van cat,.
http://www.gopetsamerica.com/cats/imgs/van_coat_pattern.jpg This is a van patterned cat who looks similar to how you describe Atticus.  I could baaarely see the head markings in this photo.

Spixy

They're really cute! Congratulations Whimsy :D

We have a bottlefed kitten too and he's just the best kitty ever =)

Are you continuing their bottle-feedings or? From what I can read from your post the kittens are only 6 weeks old and normally they said 12 weeks for kittens to be 'taken away' right? but since you had two and they never had a mommy I don't know if it applies xD I'm really glad that you got two since they can socialize each other then ^^

Whimsy

Thanks everyone,

and from what ive seen around here, since i was a kid, it was fine and normal to wean a kitten from its mother at 6 weeks, some did it at 8 weeks, but mostly as long as they stay with their momma  little longer you wean them at 6-8 weeks. Now since these babies didnt have a momma they were weaned at 6 weeks (within the past week they were fully weaned, the past two weeks theyve been eating soft food and now hard food) The two are doing great with socializing and learning proper skills and manner so i have no worries for them. The food i feed is a fully holistic food that is VERY very good for them so im not worried about them not getting something they should.

TheLeet

From my experience, weaning a kitten at 6 to 8 weeks is just fine :)
Many kittens here already go to new homes when they're 8 weeks old. I think the 12 weeks thing is more to do with them needing to still learn some behavioural things from their mother, like not playing too rough. My kitten was about 12 weeks old when we got him and he is the gentlest, most considerate cat I've ever known.
However, I'm sure bottle fed kittens can be taught by a human, too. I have no experience with that so I don't know how hard it is but from your posts it looks like everything's going well :D

Whimsy

Yes from how theyve been so far, they are fine. They pretty much play with each other or objects they find that are fun. Sometimes they will play with toes or wiggly fingers but they havent hurt me yet so i think they will be fine!