News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*mini-rant* >.< echecks... agh.

Started by Neocridders, October 26, 2010, 02:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

Well, I honestly had no idea paypal had a such thing as echecks, but they sure are a PAIN!

I sold some art for $6-7 usd, and I didn't know I had to specify that such an option is not ok. But I didn't say that. Because I had no idea paypal did that XD

Yes. So now I have to wait three-five business days for my $6 to actually get to my account. Instead of renewing my PI account right now.

And I've been trying to figure out where I renew accounts anyway. I seriously don't think I've ever used my own money for that before. Where the heck is it? You'd think it'd be obvious or something!
Ha.

Well, that's my mini-rant.
>.>

And in case I'm not the only one who had no idea what an echeck is, it's sending money only you have to wait for it to process and make sure the bank account actually has it. So I'm not giving her my artwork until that money is processed. Because you can pull out the offer at any time before or after it's begun processing >.<

DX Alright. Well, that's going on to my new list of art rules: NO ECHECKS. They are a pain in the butt!

ETA: YES! I found PI's payment page XD Wow.
Haha. Well, I renewed the account, but I am still angry a bit since I won't get the $6 until this weekend probably. :p I am so close to a tablet pen, so that's why I was getting all upset about this. I mean, it'll get to me soon, but I just like having the right amount in my paypal!

Winged

Oh, that's such a shame! I've never sold anything for $ before, but i can understand how annoying it must be. Also, it sounds like a really stupid thing that the person can pull out at any time, since some people might give the item before payment goes through.
You could try asking the person if they can just use paypal? It's unlikley, since they would probably already have thought of it, but i suppose it'd be worth a try.

On PI, to pay you go to my account -> profile -> Payment -> Then if you're paying by paypal, choose year or half year.
Owner of Gliders!

Neocridders

Echeck is paypal, apparently. I had no idea until today :/ It's all through paypal. It's just... I still don't get the money until later.

I mean, I understand why they let you pull out. I guess it's since there is time between the transaction and actually getting the money to the owed person, it's possible things may happen and need to be cancelled. But I made sure I read all about it when I saw that the payment wouldn't arrive for another few days. :P

Well... whatever. I've got my renewed account, and I'm eventually getting that 6 dollars.
And that person will just have to wait for the artwork. I usually like to be as prompt as possible with getting things to people (and I do sometimes have reasons for delays, but I hate being delayed!).... but that's just how it's going to be. I don't know if she is on secundi, so I hope she doesn't see any anger pointed at her. It's more that I would have liked to know that it was echeck. Something in my PM, something in the thread, somewhere mentioning it to be used.

It's mostly just a rant that I was not sure if I'd be able to renew my account. The only reason I accepted the offer was to get the money as soon as possible. Ha. Whatever >.>

Lectral

From some of what I have seen, e-check is not always a choice made by the customer... I have heard of Paypal's system flagging accounts occasionally, for possibly suspicious activity (or randomly, it seems at times >.<), and disallowing certain payment options until the activity has been checked out

I've never had it come up, so I don't have anything but third-hand info, unfortunately.  I have never actually seen echeck as an option, not even sure where to look, actually.  I may have to check my account for that, just to see O.o

It is fairly standard procedure though, to hold shipment until the payment clears, so you waiting to mail the items shouldn't be a problem :)