News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*pulls out defibrillator*

Started by Leafy, December 09, 2010, 06:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leafy

LIIIIIVE

What happened to this place, it's been so dead lately D: Needs more life >: I'm sadly without my unbridled stuff atm, until I acquire an external harddrive enclosure, but hopefully I'll have it this weekend and all will be sunshine and daisies again and I'll have my muuuusiiiiiiiiiiiic and be happy forevermore. In a few moments I'm going to start working on some commissions for awesome people like Saturn <3 and if any of you out there want to come and watch, then please join us! You can even ask questions or comment on the way I do things.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/leafyarts Ustream is a PG server, sometimes in other channels there may be some offensive language, but they're usually pretty good about monitoring it.

So please, come join and I'm gonna harass some other people to come watch and it should be good fun :3 I'll make another post when the feed's no longer live :3

jojo

Yeah it has been pretty dead! At least for me, it's the final week of fall term at my university so that's what's been mostly keeping me from Secundi. I think a few other Secundians are uni students too -- not sure if term is over or about to be over or still going for them... but good luck to them anyway lol XD

If I get a moment I hope I can drop into the stream! But for now... *gets back to writing essays*

Leafy

that is true... semesters are ending :< well, it's a perfect excuse to procrastinate imo <_< *wink wink nudge nudge*

Silvanon

*guilty*  Sorry guys that I haven't been around much.  I'll do better!

Leafy

I'm cutting the feed for now, getting sleepy x____x I got a good amount of sketching done though, so all's good ^_^

YourLoveOnly

I think real life struck many people. A lot of the more populair adoptables are the agency ones and at least 3 of those are run by Garney, who seems to have disappeared (she did log onto NaNo a few times and wrote her 50K.. so maybe she'll be back soon?) and with the adoptables gone quiet I noticed a few people just stopped logging in. Makes me sad. And I know a few people mentioned they have RL things themself, like indigo and I haven't seen her in a few months either. Hopefully everyone is okay(ish).

I know I'm personally less active because I feel like everyone else is. I can put a lot of effort into an adoptable event, but if it barely gets any response that kinda takes the joy out of doing it. I am considering holding Christmas events though.

*hugs Silv* You can't help it if you're feeling sick. Just like Taru can't help it that school is kicking her butt. Real life always comes first. And I'm sure that when everything gets active again the word will spread and people will come back.

@jojo: did you see your forget-me-knot girl yet? She grew! We miss you at the AAA! Good luck with school, hope to see you back there soon <3

Leafy

yeah I know I've been less than active too :\ I miss the community and hope that it comes back soon/eventually. I know it's the holidays, and they suck (sorry you people that like Christmas, but the commercialization has gotten to me x_x) and it's a hard time on everybody right now, that's why I was trying to get what people there are to come watch ustream and be social with each other. Had I gotten enough people I would have created a new adoptable on the spot and started giving some out. Mebby I will later and make an announcement about it earlier or something and get a few more to join in.

TheLeet

Sorry for not being very active. I always get a bit adoptable-lazy in winter XD
I still log in every day but I just lurk.

Sunchaser

truthfully ive been kinda... avoiding this place. Reason being is cause it is/was(?) dieing and i couldnt stand to see it happen. I tried to hold events for the chims and then i had strep then not a week later i got sick agian with the flu. So that didnt help anything but when you get no response for events it kinda makes you want to give up.  On top of that hubby has been underway for two weeks and i was hoping hed be back last night but no such luck so i kinda have no idea when he will be home.

My opinion is we need more agency adopts or perhaps a redo of the ones that are up that noone is working with> Like i know chem and van havnt been on in awhile and i dont even think there is one skyreel in the system so maybe like put it on hold and go threw those that arent active anymore? But thats just my idea. My other is we start recruiting people to come on and play with us cause of the fact that dont we all like new people? Also another idea was get more staff that can perhaps help silv with doing new games or somthing that help with the site as a whole.

Leafy

new people are sometimes a good thing, and sometimes a bad thing, they just need to realize things are written out for a reason and that they should read them first before asking questions that can be easily answered, don't trace things, and use a LITTLE BIT OF COMMON SENSE when making new topics all over the place -_______- but I'm a noob-nazi, new people aren't safe around me unless they want the do or die regime :< *punches palm for dramatic measure* I'm pretty sure we can start filching people off PI, and I'll happily be running a few events right around Christmas. Even a facebook group could be cool and possibly helpful or slightly embarrassing lol Maybe even adding some of the established adoptables to the main site system could be useful too to help expand a bit. Either way, things will be happening on my end, so look out for them, and I'll be streaming for much of tonight >3

YourLoveOnly

A lot of the new people will want agency adoptables, just because people are used to having something on a pet page. And other than Quinsta there isn't really anything happening with them. I also agree with Sun, I feel the same. It makes me kinda want to give up if no one participates in an event. The best way to get people active again in my opinion is make sure we have active agency adoptables. Perhaps now is the right time to allow applications or maybe considering hiring staff for existing ones. *feels like she is repeating after others now* xD

But yeah, I occassionaly see people sign up because they finally found the old Air~Fish/Kennel/other adoptable site and hope to see those active on here, but they aren't really. It's not anyone's fault, RL things are a priority of course, but it's still sad to see this place die =(

Sunchaser

Leafy i think i have you on my AOl if not its saddle109 would you mind iming mewhen your in your stream? I have a tendancy to truthfully not check here and i know thats my fault and i got to start doing it agian but.. discourgaing things happen lol

Leafy

yeah it is :\ I love Garney's stuff, I'm really sad to see it gathering dust u_u I know that Silv's been working like crazy to pick up slack on the Kennel, as well as still hold events for Quinsta, AND take care of her daughter. Silv = wonder woman irl.

As for people not participating in events, sometimes it's because of what's being offered :\ I fully admit to being a painfully picky adopter, mostly because I'm not into what's being offered. When interest starts dieing off, you need to find a way to rework what you have to be true to YOUR idea, but make it better to make people really want it, part of why Unbridled still isn't done, I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and it makes me grind my teeth to look back and see things I'm LESS than pleased with XD;;; Like Frankens drive me a bit nuts... cause those come out weird/ugly sometimes o_O;;; I realize I'm a bit harsh, I genuinely don't mean to be mean, well sometimes I do, but that's another scenario, some things just aren't as high quality as people want, nor do they update themselves and do more with it. I realize sometimes people cannot due much from lack of time or skill, find someone else to help, there are plenty of talented artists who'd readily help ink or re-sketch for a small fee to cover usage rights and all that legal jargon. (I realize I never sent you your stuffs YLO x_X;; sorry, sometimes you have to ride my butt about it, my brain's been a mess, but I'm trying to get better, if you still want help, I can pull them off my harddrive asap and finish them up).

Whoops wall of text... idk, art for me is my third job, I do it because I love it, and it helps me do stuff I love. Like sometime before Christmas I'm planning a fundraiser so we can donate to a reputable animal rescue cause that would make me feel all warm inside and happy.

PS. I miss WillowDragon T____T N> New partner in crime.

YourLoveOnly

The Luminaria were always very populair on here, so I don't really think it's that. A whole bunch of people bought raffle tickets, but then never bothered to check back and pick up their pets. I also feel like the more unique events aren't appreciated. That right now everyone wants Frankens and Pick-A-Door and basic raffle/flatsale/customs. I don't find that fun at all. I might not have the most artistic talent, which is exactly why I buy my lines, but I do think I have a talent for coming up with fun and unique events. And I just don't want to put anymore effort into them if no one bothers to participate. I don't find those really standard things a lot of fun, they are so repetitive. Maybe they are fun for buyers, but I find running them rather dull.

I also have lines waiting to be inked/shaded etc, but really, I can't find anyone. I have made posts before. Other people have too. Inking can usually be arranged, but finding someone who has enough free time to be willing to do shading is next to impossible I think.

((Stuffs? What stuffs? O.o *braindead*))

PS. So do I. And I miss Soli and Xenon on here. I know they are swamped with their AAA adoptable and real life, but they are both so talented and I miss them and their art on here T_T

Sunchaser

i can usually ink stuff i just have a problem with shading. i have also gotten better at coloring in my opinion but thats just me :-p i wish i could learn to shade but its like one of those things im not great at even if i try my hardest.

I do think some more adopts need to be added to the site, which ones i dont know but i think that would be a good thing especially to get new people in. And has anyone talked to garney recently? I mean i know she doesnt have time latly but perhaps shed be willing to give her adopts over to those that do at least for a short period of time? i dont know if she would just asking lol

Leafy

wasn't it you that had the little kitty type thingies that you needed inked? <_______< If not... uuh... lol? *dies*

Yeah, I'm guilty of the not checking back part x____x;;; Silv's had to elbow me a couple times and I love her for it lol.

Yeah, Frankens and picking doors are popular, they're quick, easy and require maybe all of five mins :\ That's part of why I'm encouraging ustream stuff, cause then you stay, and can talk and be a little more involved as well as visually entertained cause I'm anything but slow XD And I tend to draw weird things while talking, like for a little while I was talking to Kahlira <3<3<3 and doodled up what my x-rays looked like after I broke my arm lol I'm painfully easily amused and distracted though lol but I work better when I've got an audience I've found.

I may hire you for events YLO, since I don't think I can do as much as I want, and Willow v1 and Willow v2 are both MIA lol and I *like* interesting events. I feel they're a little more fair than just stalking for a flatsale :\

idk, Garney's adopties are Garney's, if she wants to entrust them to someone, then by all means, but I think for her, parting with any of her adopties would be like handing over a limb. I'd rather loose my left big toe than hand Unbridled fully over to someone :<

BabyKittenCandy

The *stuffs* is me Leafy.... tbh, I had kinda given up on you doing it, it was so long ago.

Leafy

aha yay person. Sorry about that x_x I fully admit my head's a mess, but if you still want I can at least separate the layers and send you the clean copies since someone had already done the inking for you :\

YourLoveOnly

*points up* There is your answer xD

I have no kitty lines. I have plenty of other stuff though X_x I know Sun has been trying to re-ink something for me for a while, but the lines are a massive pain.

Yay, hiring. YLO approves xD I do like coloring, but I find events a LOT more fun. Just because I am a big perfectionist and usually don't think my coloring is good enough >_< But yeah, we would need an audience for that first. For Christmas I'll bring back my Jaeman Prophecy potions thingy from Vday I think. It was a big hit last time, but I hope some of the stalkers are still around. I know the art isn't for everyone so with the very limited amount of active users I'm not sure it will get much attention. But I am curious to see. Luminaria also needs something fun, but I simply refuse to do anything with them until people pick up the massive amount of pets we colored in the big raffle. We had 72 (!) pets given out there and not even half of them had their certing info submitted. It made me lose motivation. For anyone checking here and wondering if they forgot themselves, here is the thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=2726.400

BabyKittenCandy

Tbh Leafy, I had the oportunity to get some a mate to do some work for me, so I have commissioned them to help me out. In all honesty, I would much rather just have the money I paid you back and be done with it, since Ive now had to pay them instead.

Sunchaser

im reinking sothing for ylo? >.> try resending the lines lol they probally got lost in the confusion of my bills and when i was sick with strep

YourLoveOnly

Err yeah.. A set of different critters. You even PMed me a really long time telling me you were still struggling with them, but working on it. Honestly the new photobucket is a pain, so I don't really want to browse through the entire thing trying to find the lines. And my secundi outbox is 30 pages xD Can't you just search through your PMs?

O.o the thread says it was March.. Wow, I had no clue it had been so long. Links to lines are also there. http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=300.0 I wanted them to look a bit more high quality, right now the lines just look.. I dunno, off.

Sunchaser

oh yeah lol and i have a lot of pms to YLO so dont feel alone :-p ill work on those agian asap hopfully i can find the files i was working on with them instead of having to start all over agian.

Leafy

Surething bkc, how much do I owe you? Just lemme know and gimme an e-mail and I'll send it right back to you ^_^

jojo

Omg, she grew!? *checks AAA*

She's so cute! :O Thanks for letting me know YLO!

Argh, I can't wait to get all this schoolwork done so I can actually get involved, both in AAA and Secundi stuffs >_>

Spixy

I'm still lurking around sometimes. It's not because I don't want to, but because us last graders at college have to write a major project on 20 pages. I've been at it since Tuesday; researching, reading, watching documentaries and writing a total of .. 2... pages >_< I have to whip myself to keep me going, but I WILL come back fully once this thing is over -dies-

But I still love you all and I agree with Silv being a wonderwoman!  <3