News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A little sign?

Started by Whimsy, December 22, 2010, 02:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whimsy

Today when I went to visit my sons grave me and another lady noticed there was a box in right next to my grandpas headstone. She said she was afraid to disturb it not knowing if it was covering something to keep outta the cold or what since it was so very close. I told her it wasnt placed their by my family and if she wanted to check out feel free (I was previously engaged with trying to dust off a grave blanket and all my little angels out there) She moved it around a bit and it didnt really make any nosie or move after that so she said it was probably just a box of trash that had tumbled through the near by field and got caught when it his my grandpas headstone. So I told her to leave it and I'd take it to the big dumpster when I got ready to leave because I had some old silk flowers that needed to go anyways. So she did and took off, well when I picked up the box I noticed it was rather light but there was something in it so I opened it.

Inside lay a little puppy, limp but breathing. He looked up at me, not budging a muscle so I took him out of the box figuring it was probably far to late to save him. I took him to my car with the box and attempted to warm him up with my husbands shirt that hed left in there. After 45 minutes of blasting the heat and rubbing him he came to life. Whining and moving about, I took hiim to my grandmas since it was near by. We warmed him more with some towls out of the dryer and then set him down by the food bowl. He sat and whined a bit then ate and drank, not a whole lot because I was afraid if he hadnt eaten in awhile that a sudden massive food intake would make him sick.

Now I must say I've fallen completely in love, Im going to guess hes some sort of bullie breed/cattle shepherd mix. Hes got on blue eye and one brown and blue eye and a nice fluffy coat. Hes a grey/brown merle in color with some white here and there.

My vet told me to mix some puppy formula with some wet dog food and a little bit of baby cereal (since i had some lingering around, thats high in protein) and see if hed munch on that. Which he did. He'll go to see the vet on monday because mine closed early today and wont be back until after the holidays. He said unless he starts to act oddly to call and he could do a home visit if absolutly needed if not hed rather wait until monday.

He is just wonderful though, he loves my husband and likes to burrow between him and the couch and though since he is still quite young (im going to say 5 weeks?) he whines almost constantly looking for a place to lay where he'll be nice and toasty.

Silvanon

Awe, poor little guy, I'm glad to hear you were able to save him!

Neocridders

It sounds like an angel handed you a gift. You've saved his life. Maybe he'll save yours.
I hope he grows and gets healthy. It's a good thing you found him. What a lucky thing. :)

PonyMama

How wonderful, a little gift from the angels.

Glad he seems to be alright, and that you did check the box

hiyoko

That's really sweet Whimsy. :D

Kahlira

Reading this brought happy tears to my eyes. <3 I don't know how to respond though. *hugs tight*

BabyKittenCandy

Fate works in very mysterious ways, he was lucky you found him and gave him a chance. Maybe he was supposed to help you through this difficult time. I hope he will be ok but with all that love and care i think he should be :)