News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

@.@ eeehhh.

Started by Neocridders, March 01, 2011, 06:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

I know it must feel like I post something every other week about my status on secundi. So sorry for that.
I really don't enjoy posting to you guys. But since I'm so close to you guys, I feel like you all diserve to know why I'm doing/feeling/acting how I am.

Yeah.
So, our marching band section decided to order shirts. And marching band season ended months ago. We have been arguing over shirts for months. And just now I've taken the role of getting things done. I've made it my job.

However, it's a shirt. And people want it to be exactly how they want it to be.
I've said so many times we can't change it anymore, because that's just rediculous we need to stop now, and if you don't like it don't buy it.

Well, again, after everyone voted, we still have people who think it should be another way. And they won't listen. And I understand what they are saying, but still... I'm trying to look out for the whole section when I say we all had a vote. It is done. People voted for -this shirt- and why vote if we are just gonna change it again?

So yes. Whatever.
And then, we had originally had a shirt done. We were like 'fine. everyone likes this shirt (I didn't like it but whatever) and I was like here is the cost give the money to -insert section leader-.
Section leader gave money to this senior in our section who -omg drama drama a million different stories, who know what's really going on with him kind of kid- said he'd pay for the shirts so we could get them and then people pay him back.
Well me and a couple others paid upfront.

Bad idea.
Of course, this kid basically leaves the earth and doesn't have any contact for weeks over anything at all. And everyone thought we were going to get shirts soon. But really he never ordered them. He told us he couldn't agree with sometihng about the company and whatever.

Well, then someone asked 'Why didn't we ever vote on the shirt'. Of course, then everyone was like 'yeah, I don't like this shirt'.
Ok. yeah. Everyone liked it earlier, yet no one does now. Oooook.
So then I just took all the ideas and put them as facebook pictures in an album. And what ever one got the most likes was the shirt.

Yeah. One got a landslide victory. It's over right? No. 'Well, I don't like this and this' ... ok. Ok. I don't care what the shirt looks like. I really don't.
I just want to order shirts. We're already like five months later than we should be on these shirts. Ahhh.

And now, the kid who took the money, he claims that his parents made him use the money to pay for his car and that his family has no money and his dad is having this and this problem with his job and he is doing this and this and can't afford anything and isn't going to college anymore.
Yes.
So... he spent the money.
He never told me this till I asked him straight up 'What's going on'.
Now, I don't know if any of this really happened. This kid doesn't tell people things that are happening and usually you'll get 10 stories out of it.

And his friend is now writing a check for $66 and planning to give it to us... yeah. Ok. What?
And I know he went to the movies and saw the same movie as my brother saw. That's like $10 for a ticket, plus popcorn and whatever else, and you are whining about how you don't have money? WHAT?

Yeah. So, long story. Sorry. Just had to explain why my brain is like... omg. make this stop.

So neo is going to go sink into a hole. I've been online for three hours battling this out on facebook with people. I've not started my homework or my essay, and I've got a musical to learn lines to, and I have to finish some art stuff by friday and I need to do something for ceramics and have it fired twice in order to get it to an art show in time and ahhh-ahhh-ahhh. Yes.

Time for homewrok.
Sorry for long post. I've realized I post too much in my posts. I end up typing a 1000 word post every time. I'm working on that. Sorry it's so long. Thanks if you read it though.

o.o So yeah. I'm going to be MIA atleast for the rest of this week. I may resurface this weekend. But I dunno. Ahhahaha. Only one month till the musical. Yaaayyy.....

Ryuukokoro

If you get a check I would strongly suggest going to HIS bank to cash it. They will be able to tell you immediately if there is enough money in the account to cover that amount. Otherwise it might be weeks between you cashing the check and then suddenly getting notified that it bounced and you don't actually have the funds you thought you did. @_@ Has happened to me before, with $300 check.

Sorry life sucks. You know what they say, no good deed ever goes unpunished.

Silvanon

I sincerely hope that the young man who embezzled everyone's money has been turned in to the proper teachers/authority persons?

toffeeca

I agree with Silv. Has your teacher talked to his parents about it or is all the information about them being so poor just from his mouth?

Neocridders

I have no proof of the check. His friend is apparantly going to give us a check for $66, and I know that from what's happened so far, I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened where there ends up being no money in the account.

And about talking to teachers, I've not talked to the band directors yet, since this is a band shirt it would concern them. But there's not much they can do. It's not their problem. I seriously can't think of anything the directors would do except ask 'what do you want me to do about it?'.
(It's not that they wouldn't care. But it's like 6 months after marching band. Seriously. These problems shouldn't be happening now. And even if they happened 6 months ago, it's not their responsibilities to make sure everyone gets the money they need/make sure someone doesn't take money and not give it back.)
However... there is probably a 'no stealing of others' properties' rule in the handbook, so I might be able to go to them if that's actually a rule. If not, I won't bother right now.

I know that the parents of this kid probably would get involved and do something to make sure we get our money. I am about ready to contact them. I am not convinced of anything this kid says. He is, from what I've concluded, a compulsive liar. Now, I don't know if he is lying, but if he isn't, he won't tell the whole truth. I've heard many things about his past, so unless he only tells a sliver of his story to each person and it's never the same sliver, he's totally lying.

But who knows.
Thanks for the comments, suggestions, and ideas <3

Silvanon

Schools can hand out punishment via dropped grades, suspensions, removal of the privilege of taking band class, etc.  They can also help you with getting legal authority involved if it needs to go that far.  Even just a simple Adult With Authority talking to the kid may help you a lot in getting things set right.  That authority is available to you, and this is a situation where it's perfectly acceptable and advisable and, I think, necessary to get the band teacher involved.  If students are getting their money stolen when they try to buy band shirts, that affects the quality of the student's experience and education in that class.  Your teacher deserves to know it's happening and be given the opportunity to do what is within his power to correct it.

Ryuukokoro

I agree, I don't think any band instructor would say "what do you want me to do about it?" even in the nicest way possible. Band is still part of the school environment and they would have some responsiblity to ensure their students are not being cheated. Even if they didn't have anything THEY could do, they would at least be able to tell you what your next course of action should be.