News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Rant: I hate php!

Started by BabyKittenCandy, March 15, 2011, 06:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyKittenCandy

For my first php assignment in my first year at uni I have to write a Browser Based Text Game. Now, for someone who has no clue on php, this is a bit of a mission. My tutor has been helping me with my codes, but why, when I write a code with him does it work and yet, when I copy to same code at home, change a few of the variables such as the object numbers the whole darn thing breaks!

I think my pc/php game hates me >.<

Sparki

I SO agree with you. XD

I've never taken a php class and I know nothing about it but I was trying to do a petsite myself, and I'm like... no. XD

There's just so many things that can be screwed up! It sounds like hard assignment for your first one though, jeez.
...its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time.

Silvanon

*pat pat*  You're probably just missing a semicolon somewhere.  The error messages will direct you what line to look at.  IM me, we can discuss details and I can probably point you in the right direction.

BabyKittenCandy

Aww, I wish I had seen this last nite :) I would have IM'ed. As it was I got a few of the functions working and called it a nite, its due in today (and so not finished!) but there is a slight chance I can get a few days extension on it, fingers crossed!

Prob was I kept getting internal server error :) I can break things good! :)

Silvanon

I'm still here, if you want.  I'm working away at Quinsta breedings, but I wouldn't mind a break.  ^^

Internal Server Error ... the only time I've seen that error message and it was the script breaking rather than the server going down, I had an infinite loop going on - a while statement without the $i incrementing usually.

BabyKittenCandy

Im in uni atm and they block all messengers but if I get the slight extension i will be working on it poss tonite and during the rest of the week :)

Silvanon

*nods*  ok, I'll be here!  *crosses fingers for you*