News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Finally Some Closure...

Started by BabyKittenCandy, March 19, 2011, 06:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabyKittenCandy

So many of you will have seen various mentions by me of some RL problems this year. Yesterday we finally got some closure at last.

Very briefly, my husband was a store manager for a large firm for about 3 years. For the last 18 months of his work he was running the store with just a 3rd keyholder when he was supposed to have an assistant manager. His 3rd Keyholder was a mate of ours, we used to invite him round for meals and films, we even invited him around the xmas he broke up with his girlfriend, brought him presents etc.

Over Christmas there was a break in at the store. My husband received an alarm call out at 1.30am, we were at my parents for xmas over 30 miles away and he had been drinking. (He was actually on 3 days of holiday at this point) He defered the call to his 3rd Keyholder. After 10 minutes we had a call back saying there had been a power failure and the backup system had kicked in. We assumed no more of it until the morning when at 9am we were woken by a call from the 3rd Keyholder saying the store had been robbed.

Police were called and as there was no obvious sign of forced entry both my husband and the 3rd Keyholder were suspended pending an investigation, thier keys removed, banned from store.  Follwing the investigation my husband was fired for Breeching policies that were not written down and he had never been told of and for things other things that again, they had no proof of whatsoever, if fact to the contrary, my husband has statements from his previous Assistant manager and 3rd Keyholder (before the one mentioned about) attesting to these facts.

So my husband lost his job, great, with me at Uni and our 2 year old to look after. Thank goodness we have very supportive parents, without them we would by now have lost our house, which we are lucky enough to own.  The state would not help us as they said I earnt too much money (basically they said we could live off my student loan, lol) They also told us my hubby had not paid his stamp for the last 3 years which ofc, he had!  All of this was of course affecting my uni work and I had to go back to the doctors and ask to be put back on mild anti-depressants again to help keep me on an even keel (I suffer with depression a lot)

Still struggling with all of this the next blow came in February when we had a knock on the door and opened it to find a team of police standing there, with a warrant for my husbands arrest and to search our house.  I had to find proof and receipts for anything large and electrical that we had to prove it wasnt bought since the robbery.  My husband was taken away by the police. I was in pieces. Luckily my parents came in and sat with me and our little one for a while. I stayed up all nite waiting for word on my hubby. Finally at 10pm I had a call from the station that they had finished interviewing him and that they had someone else to interview but they were pretty sure that he would be being released later on that nite. At 5.20 am my husband got in. He was pale, drawn, shaken and just glad to come home and find me waiting up for him. His biggest fear was that I was sat alone with no word from him. (Though they had said he may have a call, it had never been sorted out for him)

Yesterday we went to the sentencing of the 3rd Keyholder who had in fact, carried out the robbery. He got 15 months, half of which is to be served in prison.  After all he has put my husband and myself through he deserves more in my opinion but at least he will be seeing the inside of a prision. He lied to all of us, heck, we have even had him over since the incident. How he had the nerve to sit in our house and carry on like nothing was wrong knowing that on the back of this, he had cost my hubby his job is anyone's guess. But at last now it is behind us and though my husband is still looking for a job, hopefully this year will now start to get better for us.

And if you read all of this, thankyou. I didnt mean for it to turn into such a huge post!

Kadana Sorano

*snugs tight* I'm so glad things got figured out huni.  You know wher I am if you want someone to vent with some more.  Goodluck to you all on him finding a new job!
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

zarzamora

i hope you get some compensation! how awful for you! I'm sorry you had to deal with that hun x

Silvanon

Wow, what an awful situation.  I'm glad to hear things are starting to look up!

Goddesss

*hugs* I hope things get better for you guys soon.

Garney

Ugh people like that! And as such a friend he could see what this did to your family and yet he said nothing? Just ugh =(

Glad everything is starting to work out now, that had to be long, drawn out hell. *hugs*

BabyKittenCandy

Thanks guys, hopefully things will start looking up now :) And yeah, he knew the situation.. he just never thought they would get fired apparently, lol

Neocridders

*hugs*
I hope everything gets better.
Atleast your husband didn't get unrightfully put in prison. And in the end the one who did the crime is doing the time.

<3 <3
Sorry! :(

springacres

SO sorry to hear you had to go through this.  *massive hugs* At least they caught the real culprit... but the firing on suspicion of robbery is going to be a black mark on your husband's record for some time.  But yeah, the 3rd keyholder deserves a lot worse than what he got for having stolen items, betrayed a friend and abused his position within the company.