News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

A shiny new Pink sneaks in....

Started by Sinister Pink, March 27, 2011, 07:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinister Pink

Hey There
I thought I would post an introduction thread when I had chance this weekend, it's been busy, isn't every weekend busy though when you are a Mum :).
I'm Sarah, I am 35 nearly 36, and wife and mother to Jack a much loved and waited for 22 month old.

I have always liked drawing, and from my early teens spent many hours with a biro and a sketchpad drawing dragons, goblins and witches. Sadly my art teachers were adamant that I draw crushed coke-cans and chocolate bars with a bite taken out of them. Something I had NO interest in at all. So I promptly failed art and was so discouraged it was many many years before I picked up any art supplies again.

I got married around 10 years ago, and found myself a lady of leisure, and have to say the boredom near killed me. However my husband bought me a PC and I decided to try web-design, due to the huge lack of free to use graphics I began painting again purely to make graphics for my web-sites. However it soon became apparent that digital graphics was my great love. My husband bought me a tablet and I haven't looked back since.

I have been painting for nearly the full 10 years now, and although my first attempts were to be perfectly frank, merely passable, I feel in the time I have improved greatly, and have even made a living and sold quite a lot of my work, as well as been employed freelance for quite a few projects.

However now I don't have the time to paint full time 18 hour days are now beyond me, and as my kiddie won't let me watch ANYTHING on the TV that doesn't involve a puppet. MY husbands boss suggested I give the world of adoptable a look. I used to make a 3-D pony called wild-tails for friends and family that can be seen in the help forum. I am hoping to bring them here as well as a linked adoptable of the line-art variety. I am working on the web-site and the little creatures of goodness now, and will reveal them when I have them nearly finished, which hopefully will be about a month as the line-art guys are taking on average 3 days to shade and there are a few of them.

So pleased to meet you, hope I make some new friends here...

Sarah *waves*

[size=85]People who click my eggs....make me happy[/size]

Neocridders

Heya! I'm glad to see you here.
:) Secundi is awesome. I can't wait to see you around the forums.

Hope you like it here.

BabyKittenCandy

YourLoveOnly

Very nice to see you here ^^ Hope you enjoy your stay! =D
And I look forward to your adoptables =)

Sinister Pink

Thanks guys for your lovely welcome!
yes I can see already this is an awesome place, and I fully intend to enjoy my time here :)
I have already enjoyed looking at everyone elses amazing adoptables and collections, makes me all the more determined to finish mine...

*Sinister wanders off with her tablet pen stuck behind her ear to do more shading*

Sarah

[size=85]People who click my eggs....make me happy[/size]