News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Anyone watching Game of Thrones?

Started by Sparki, April 23, 2011, 11:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparki

I haven't read the novels yet, normally I'm not actually into high fantasy but the show they just started on HBO is awesome! It's been highly recommended that I add the books to my to-read pile. =)

Jason Momoa is seriously so fine. Oh man.

But really, the acting and sets/costumes rock.
...its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time.

xenon

I have not seen it, but I have read the books and WOAH are they amazing. I recommend them so highly. They're fairly adult in nature but... Amazing. Don't really fall into the stereotypical high fantasy novels either, so hopefully that will make them more of your cup of tea. :D

BabyKittenCandy

We watched it last nite on anytime. Fabulous! We really enjoyed it. Def rather adult in theme yes but really interesting. Emilia Clark looks very sexy in it!  And Momoa is rather nice looking too. 

I might have to give the books a try ^^

livi

Oh my goodness I LOVE these books <3 Backing xenon here, the books are mostly political intrigue in a roughly medieval setting, with only a bit of fantasy. Very adult in nature but very much worth reading.

I was so excited when I heard about this series and the first episode was amazing. Can't wait for the second. (Also, LOL at Drogo being a pretty boy. But he is still awesome!)

Sparki

That's what I've heard, it's not overly fantasy. I actually really love urban supernatural/fantasy books, but most of the medieval-ish ones I tend to find to be overly cliche or cheesy. (Which is why I love Terry Pratchett!)

I've heard the opposite about this series, so yeah, I'm definitely gonna go out and get them. =)

The show is very adult in nature, so I figured the books would be as well, but that's all good. I'm really liking the grittiness of it, it's not an overly-romanticized, pretty thing if that makes sense.

Seriously though I'm like stalking the guy who plays Drogo now, poor dude. I never had any desire to watch Stargate, but I hear he's in SG: Atlantis so I'm so going to watch it now.
...its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time.

BabyKittenCandy

We bought the first 3 books yesterday but im gonna wait til ive watched it til I read them. Saw the 2nd episode yesterday too and omg! At the ending!! I almost cried.