News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Wildfilly94 almost died tuesday...

Started by Wildfilly94, August 04, 2011, 02:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfilly94

So... Yeah.
I went to six flags with my boyfriend, Tim, and we went in the wave pool. Well I could touch still, and was at around 5 1/2 feet into the water and the waves started. i was doing okay until one wave hit my off gaurd and I went under. I surfaced, only to be hit again by a wave 2 seconds later, this happened bout 6 more times, but each time I didnt get ANY breath. I started suffocating and even though there were life guards and people all around me, no one seemed to notice I was drowning. I was thinking 'This is the end. I'm going to die and no one will notice'. Then I felt hands ift me and push me away. I didnt know who it was at the time, all I knew was someone was trying to help me. I was still underwater the whole time, but when i finally surfaced and could breath, after i choked out water and coughed alot, i saw Tim. He was holding me in his arms so glad to see my eyes looking back at him. He'd been underwater the whole time he pushed me to shallow water, he was so brave for that. If my boyfriend hadn't seen my head bob up and under, I would have died. He saved my life, and I will never forget that. He held me for the rest of the time we were in the pool, and didnt go past waist deep water. I'm not going in deep water for a while thats for sure. Hes my hero. Yesterday and tuesday night I kept 'reliving' it with chest pains, head hurting, feeling the water in my throat and lungs, which sucked, but I knew I was safe. I feel fine now. But yeah, jsut wanted to share that with you all. Taht was definantly a moment I'll never forget.

Luv007

That happened to my sister in Orlando.  My husband grabbed her thankfully.  She did it when she was a kid in the ocean and she does it now too.  Both of my siblings have been swimming since 18 months, so they aren't as cautious with water as they should be.  But regardless, I'm glad to hear that you are okay and I'm sorry you had to experience that.  Feel better and be safe!

Wildfilly94

Oh wow. :o And yeah, Luckily Tim's a good swimmer. I'm amazed he saw me and got to me as fast as he did with the amount of people there. Im a Very bad swimmer. I can float, but when it gets wavey or lots of people are around im like a baby surrounded by giants. Im so thankful for him.

Luv007

I'm sure you are!  He sounds wonderful.

Joe was forewarned about my sister, so when she didn't come up after a wave hit, he went in after her.  Which is a good thing bc I personally am not big on water in my face, so I stay in the shallower waves.  But he went deeper with her and her friend and it can be scary to think about what can happen....

Kahlira

Wildfilly94

He is. <3

And Well thats good, atleast yoour child had less time to suck in water before she was saved. And yeah, this is the second experience I've had where I nearly died. Its scary to think how fast life can be taken away from you

Silvanon

Wow, what a scary experience.  I'm glad you're ok!

Wildfilly94

springacres

Wow, that is a scary experience.  I am very glad you're OK though!

Wildfilly94

Sunchaser

this is why i dont like wave pools. I love the ocean and scuba dive, but wave pools i dont like, to easy to get tangled in other people and the waves are to close together if you manage to get go under. im glad your safe lovey

Wildfilly94

Yeah, I figured that one out real quick. :/ If I were ALONE and the waves were a few seconds later inbetween, I mightve been okay. But thank you. <3