News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Livestream

Started by SkySong, August 07, 2011, 01:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

Ok, I'm having trouble with livestream. I created an account last night, hoping to run some livestream sessions for my Colibri. I'm getting very confused, though. For example - what kind of camera am I supposed to have, and where do I get it? Also, what am I supposed to do with the procaster? From what I gather, it records and then you upload it to livestream, but that's not what I'm looking for. What do you guys use? (Those that use livestream)
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Pinkshadow

Uhm ive never used it, or anything but to me some of the things u said dosnt add quite up..

If it's livestream, it shouldnt be recorded first, it's recording as ur doing it :)
- but on the other stuff i have no idea..

SkySong

Yeah, it records what you're doing, then once you're done recording you can save it or delete it. I haven't tried saving anything, but I assume once you do, you can have other people view the video.

I'm looking for something where people can view the video as it's recording, and if that's what the procaster does, then I'd like to figure out where to find a link or something that I can share with the people I want to view. I'm not making any sense. >.<

I've seen it done here a couple times.

TanzeOdin

Now that I know what it does..it does sound interesting. But still, I find Team Viewer a bit easier. It does get laggy, but you can have multiple people added and watching, or be watching multiple people.

Solistia

You do not need anything for your computer but the Procaster. Simply start the procaster and press the big button that says go live. This will start your stream, and people will be able to see your computer screen as you see it (not you yourself unless you set it up to view a webcam)! If you have a microphone, they can also hear you too (if you have it on).

There may be a possibility that you have to enable your microphone, which you can do once started. (To do this, and also to change volume levels for your stream, look at the transparent black bar on the bottom of your screen for Livestream (the one that shows how long you've been live), and you'll see a button with 3 horizontal lines, like volumes control bars. Click that, and you'll access the audio editor. You can ADD a new sound source, or adjust the volume levels here).

Then simply link people to your livestream address and they can watch!

If you have anymore livestream questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

SkySong

Thank you very much, Solistia! That helped a lot.