News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Beautiful horses & their coats..

Started by Pinkshadow, August 16, 2011, 10:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinkshadow

Okay, i know nothing about horse coats, as their isnt really that many colours in danish language when it comes to horse coats..

but i would love to have a thread where we can show pretty horse pictures and if someone know the coat, please share, but otherwise just smalltalk about the horses that get shown here :p

I loove these ; - as far as i know they are Miniature horses, and i think it's funny they can be so diffrent in the looks.

dunno most of their coats, but their darn cute and pretty<3

Wildfilly94

Hmm, I think the first is a chestnut sabino, adn the last is a smkey buckskin. Not for sure though

Silvanon

Hehe, what a fun bunch. :)  Here's my coat color guesses -
Sabino overo chestnut
Black tobiano
Blue dun tobiano
Chestnut
Smokey buckskin

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Silvanon on August 16, 2011, 11:59:27 AM
Hehe, what a fun bunch. :)  Here's my coat color guesses -
Sabino overo chestnut
Black tobiano
Blue dun tobiano
Chestnut
Smokey buckskin

Yeah, i thought so too :p
- but i have to say silv, your Quin Miniature horses look very much alike :b

You draw awesome ..

Solistia

I was looking at pictures of Andalusians the other day and came across this one:

No idea what coat that is, since there's a dark mane and tail, and looks like dark legs too. (it looks like there may be some dappling on the butt, so maybe some kind of silver dapple?)
I do want to know what people think the coat is....I want to try and breed for it in a Quin >u>

Keilin Alyr

Given how relatively dark the mane/tail are, I imagine that Anda isn't silver dapple. Perhaps a dapple gray, since I understand gray is a very common color in Andalusians? Beautiful horse though. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Jaguarakat

I agree with Keilin, silver dapples usually have very light manes.

Silvanon

*nods*  The name "Silver Dapple" is misleading, because the gene doesn't actually cause dapples, it's characterized by the light mane on what would have been a black mane.

The Andalusian Solistia posted looks like a bay in the process of greying out, to me.

springacres

*nods* Black-pointed greys are one of my very favorite horse colors.

Wildfilly94

Yeah that horse is definantly in the process of greying out. :)
Me and Andalusians are like this *crosses fingers*. My moms friend raises them, trains them, breeds, and shows them. Anyone ever heard of Santiago? Hes quite 'Famous' a national champion, wins everything he shows in really, and hes been on the covers of magazines. ^^ Gloriav (Moms friend) bred him and raised him herself into the champ he is. I love that horse. :)

Anyway... >.< I ramble too much...

Luv007

We had a Paso Fino from FL come up to our barn during the hurricanes a few years ago that was insured for a million bucks.  He was a stud and they were told we wouldn't keep studs, but brought him anyways.  And with him, he brought a beautiful draft girl that was artificially inseminated with a pure Paso baby.  It was a pretty cool experience.  The stud was pure black, and while I didn't have the oppurtunity to ride him, my good friend did.  She said it was like floating on a cloud.

Back to colors.... I think all these horses are gorgeous!  But my favorite... Brindle horses....