News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

My precious cats.. Gone.. :'(

Started by Wildfilly94, November 07, 2011, 03:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfilly94

So, my mom and I have been discussing putting down our eldest two cats (Of 6 total). Lily and Bob. Bob I love so much. Lily never really liked me, but I loved her too, she was sweet sometimes to me.
Anyway, Bob has one kidney thats fuctioning, and even then, its failing, he has bad hips, and is really crabby all the time cause hes old and doesnt feel good. He also has an uncurable peeing problem. He's peed everywhere (Clothes, walls, floors, and recently, the table and laptop) soo.... All these factors made my mom and I start to think hard on it. Lily has heart issues, and shes so old she cant remember to go in the litter box, and goes int he bathtub. Shes also very unhappy cause our other cats are young and beat up on her alot, and she'd rather be an only cat. Which is why we considered her as well. They've lived good, happy, spoiled lives.
I came home today from a good day at school to find the cat carriers missing and bob and lily no where to be found. So I think my mom took them in today to be put down. I went from a smile to tears in seconds.. :''( I love them, and I'm going to miss them sooooo much.
I'm thinking of mabye getting Feli rememberals of them at some point, if I can get a decent bribe to her sometime. But for now, I have memories and pictures.. It hurts, I'm going to miss them so much. Especially bob. He had a crazy personality, and was one of the best cats Ive ever had. :'(

To tell how we got them: Lily was brought to us many years ago, as a kitten (Shes like, 11-14 now). My mom was working at a vet office (Shes a vet tech, by the way), and she walked outside to close, and there was a box at the door. She looked in to find a scrunched nosed little kitten, with a note, and two french fries. the note said 'My name is lily, please find me a good home and take care of me'. My mom couldn't send her away, so she took her home.
Bob was found as a stray (I think he was between 6mos-1yr old), with a severed tail, and no home. He was SO cute, my mom also couldnt part with him. She fell in love the second she saw him. He had a hilarious, spunky attitude. His tail got cut off by a train when he was stray, and it became a little nub after we fixed him up. So, Bob was his name, for Bobtail.

Heres a couple pictures (Lily's the grey. bobs the black, brown, and white)
(Click the urls, the images are HUGE)

http://i39.tinypic.com/qovset.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/zlasxu.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/16bj2o9.jpg
(^Bob and his mini twin, Symon)
http://i42.tinypic.com/ofu1qx.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/9azkn6.jpg

I regret not getting many pictures of Lily... :( We have a ton of Bob though.

A very hurt, messy, crying, upset, and depressed,
Wildfilly94.. </3

Ryuukokoro

That was completely not cool of your mom to do, and if I were you, I'd be furious at her. Even if you had talked about it before, it's not okay to take someone's pet away without giving them the time to say a final goodbye. I'm sorry that had to happen to you.

A similar thing happened to me with our dog when I was younger and it took a very long time for me to ever trust my parents again.  >:(

SkySong

I'm so sorry, Wildfilly.... I lost my last cat to cancer a year or so ago, and I still miss her. :( It's amazing how attached we can get to our pets. They are both very pretty kitties.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Wildfilly94

I'm upset with her but I think after a while I'll be alright. I knew it was coming, and I do wish I could've said goodbye, but I'm more suprised she didn't let me know, than I am mad that she didn't. They were more hers than mine, though I did love Bob very much. I guess she probably thoguht it might be easier. For one, or both of us. Probably her. Shes probably more torn up that I am. I've cried twice already, and it doesnt help that my beautiful baby boy Symon is like, a mini version of him. It doesn't make me cry, but it'll prolly hurt my mom. It will definantly be different without them, and I proolly wont be all happy and myself for a while, but hopefully it'll get better with time. I'll miss them alot, especially bob. I do wish i could've said goodbye, but figuring it was coming soon, I hugged him alot yesterday and kissed him and stuff. He got mad at me, cause hes crabby, but I made him take it anyway. Hehe. <3 Ahh crap, now the tears again... Its gunna be a tough road for a while..

Wildfilly94

Thank you both for sharing, by the way. I'm sorry about your dog, Ryuu,a nd your kitty, Sky. <3
It is quite amazing how attached we get. Symon and morgan (The obese tabby seen in one of the pictures) are my children, and i love them more than my own boyfriend. Hah. Cats have such vast personailties. One of my favorite things about Bob was he'd come up and massage you with his paws, usually when you felt crummy from a bad day. Cats are amazing animals.

Sunchaser

losing a pet is always hard. I know i had trouble with my cat when we had to put her down. she was mine and noone elses and she let you know that lol. we had to put her down last year i believe cause i know it was before hubby came but i think right before he went to bootcamp. I had her for about 15 years and she was having siezures which was what had us put her down. She had been failing for awhile but when she was sitting in my lap one day while i was talking to the hubs it happened and we got her to the vet and put her to sleep. I still cry sometimes when i see a all black cat.

Im not looking forward to when Ella my mini daucshund passes cause she has been there threw the cancer and now threw the deployments. Pets have crazy ways of getting into our lives. *snuggles*

springacres

:'( *sends huge uber squishy hugs to Wild*  Losing a pet is never easy for anyone.  When my first cat had to be put to sleep (over 8 years ago now) I cried the whole way to the vet and back, and after, when my dad buried her in the yard - that was the first time I can recall ever seeing tears in his eyes.  It's possible that at such a stressful time for your mom, she wasn't thinking clearly, or maybe she just felt that if she had to wait she wouldn't have had the strength to go through with it.  Which doesn't make it any less upsetting for YOU of course *super snugs*

Wildfilly94

Alright so I havent posted in a while casue I didnt know what was going on. Basically, long story short, my mom took bob back home to spend a couple days with us before we put him down, and lily stayed at my moms work. We tried finding lily a new home, where shed be happy, but no one wanted her. I drove bob to my moms work today, and stayed with him and lily as they got their sleepy shot. I couldnt stay for the shot that does the actual euthinasia, but yeah. Bob and lily purred the whole time I hel them. Bob was cuddling in my lap till he was asleep, and for a while longer, cause I couldnt leave him yet. I'm going to miss them so much. :'( I took pictures of them today and yesterday so I can get rememberals in adoptie form,a dn just to have memorable pictures. It was one of the hardest things I've ever been through in my life. I've been crying ll day long, and I barely have eaten, I just cant. :( I miss them so much. Im glad they were happy and peaceful though as they fell asleep. Bleh. I need to stop before I cry again. anyway, just wanted to let everyone know. And thanks againf or all the condolences.