News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Emmie Rat

Started by Willow, June 28, 2012, 10:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Hey all, just to let you know I might not be so active today and tomorrow.
This morning I checked in on my rats and Emmie has a tumor, it's sprung up practically overnight.
They're very common in female rats, but these are my first ones, so I wasn't prepared for how much it upset me.
I've taken her to the vets already, and basically surgery will cost £100. There's a chance she won't make it through the anesthetic, and if it's malignant then it'll just come back anyway.
So far it's not affecting her, so I'm going to wait to make a decision and monitor it.

These were the first pets that were mine, I've had them since they were little babies and they each have their own personalities.
It's devastating :'(

I understand pets get old and sick, but it's just so sad.
My dad comes back from holiday early tomorrow morning, and my sister and her boyfriend are visiting too, so regardless of Emmie I might not have been on as much anyway.

I'm so sorry I'm taking a long time to get through Gremlin breedings, although I've already coloured 39 babies, I think I underestimated how much interest there'd be D|
Once all my trades and breedings are done I'll move onto FFC certing/staff hiring and get some Cloven stuff going.
Please bear with me, and apologies.

I'm just a bit emotional right now, and there's no one with me at home, all my friends live four hours drive away and I just feel sad. So sorry for dumping this on you all...But I felt I needed to say something ;-;

SkySong

Aww, it's ok, Willow. Take your time, pets are always a big deal. Hope everything goes alright with her!
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Silvanon

I'm so sorry to hear about Emmie! :(  *hugs*  Here's fingers crossed for her!

Scullisto

Oh no, I'm so sorry ... Keep your chin up *hugs*

Whimsy

Poor girl :( I'm sorry to hear your rattie is having health issues.

Aralie

Sorry to hear about Emmie hun *hugs* take all the time you need

Willow

Thank you all for the well wishes and hugs <3

She's with her sisters right now, she doesn't seem bothered at all, and she's still eating fine.
She seems happy still, that's a positive.

Ravvana

Sorry, Willow :( Take all the time you need.

Wildfilly94

Aww hunn, I'm so sorry :( *Hugs* I hope its not malignant. <3
My kitty, morgan, had a few tumors in her lifetime and I remember nervously waiting to here the results...

I truely hope emmie gets better.. <3

springacres

So sorry to hear about this, Willow!  *super snugs*

BabyKittenCandy

How old is she Willow? And where is the tumour? I totally sympathise, id be devestated if my boys got one.

hiyoko

I'm sorry Willow, I love my pets too. So I understand.

If you need help certing (since I'm not the best colorist), I'm always available to help.^^

Willow

Thank you again everyone for your well wishes <3

Emmie is still ok, I don't think she realises anything is wrong and she's going about the cage with no difficulties yet. She's eating fine and the tumor hasn't gotten any bigger.

BKC ~
She's over one and a half, and it's on the top of her back leg, just next to the groin area, which leads me to believe it might be a mammary tumor.
I think girls have a 40%-70% chance of getting them, whereas boys have a 2%-7% chance of getting one, so it'd be very unlucky if your boys did get one.

<3

My sister and her fiance have left now, so I can crack onto my gremlins and other things x3;

Luv007

Such a strong rattie to be trucking through it!

BabyKittenCandy

Sounds like a very possible mammary tumour, poor lil mite. Where it is at least its not gonna affect her eating etc, just have to keep an eye make sure she doesnt start chewing on it! The op to remove them is normally fairly routine and rats are such fighters! I do hope she will be ok, keep us updated and give her scritches ^^