News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Being home never felt so good!

Started by Aralie, September 11, 2012, 01:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aralie

So we had a bit of a scare today.
A grass fire started south west of us at about 1pm today. We had around 90-100kph winds most of the day which just helped it to spread.
At about 3-3:30 an evacuation alert was given for our town and then at around 4 we were told to evacuate.
My dad and I had heard of the alert so we had a bit of time to pack some stuff before I tossed the dog in a vehicle and headed out while my dad picked up a neighbor to bring with us. We stopped at the spot we were supposed to to let them know where they could contact us if anyone was looking for us before heading to my sisters place to wait and see if we could get home.
The wind died down to around 10-20kph finally so they were able to get it under control.
We just found out about an hour and a half ago (10:30pm) that we could come home. I am so glad they could get it under control and that we could get home again ^_^

TheLeet

That must have been really worrying. I'm glad that everything turned out ok ^_^

skysnolimit

So happy for you <3  Home sweet home!  Stay safe!  I know around my home we had so many wildfires they started bringing in goats to graze the grass every year...