News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Started by red_uni387, January 31, 2010, 01:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_uni387

*sad*

Solistia

Dare I ask what adoptable this was? (or are you not allowed to discuss it? x__x)
If they really did shut it down based on bias....that'd be terrible D:

YourLoveOnly

Ryuukokoro

I log in once a week or so to 'prove' I'm still around because I don't want some of my adoptables confiscated, but I don't have Ponies and I haven't been on PI forums in half a year. Sigh. It's a shame how they went. I'm glad Secundi is here.

red_uni387

yes it is a pity :( I hear a bunch of stories of how PI used to be nice and close knit, and now it's like a school with bunched of people who know each other and the newbies

Solistia

Man, that sounds quite deplorable....I guess I'm glad I stopped being active when I did OTL;; (there just wasn't much of a pull for me to be there anymore...)

Echoscream

*clings to my red* I hate PI.

red_uni387

ECHO! *tackles and latches to*

Echoscream

Am I allowed to show my Zennys here Red...? *cuddles*

Ryuukokoro

I'd like to see them, Echo. ^^

red_uni387

lol I dunno XD I'm not part of the staff, just venting

(if you scroll to the bottom, those who have red colored names are staff ^^)

Echoscream

red_uni387

Echoscream

red_uni387

Echoscream

Wait... I do have fifty! Silly me! I forgot the last one I coloured. xD

Solistia

lol, wow, that sure is a lot =D
I can see why you're sad about them being forcefully closed ;w;

Echoscream

It's okay because I may bring them to Secundi. :D

Solistia

I don't suppose PI ever showed the owner proof that it was art theft? I would think to accuse someone of it, and have proof, they would need to show it to the creator to prove their accusations :<
Otherwise it'd only stir up bad blood with the creator...

Echoscream

Nope. We never got any proof.

Solistia

If it were me, I'd demand it, otherwise I couldn't see how they justify shutting my adoptable down, claiming art theft, when I knew it wasn't D:

Echoscream

I would get banned for that. If I get forceful I also get rather mean dear.

Ryuukokoro

0_o They shut down your adoptable and never showed you the EVIDENCE of why you were being shut down...? That's beyond unfair, that's tyranical. If you are interested in staying on PI, I would send the MOD you have been communicating with a polite message (please remember to be polite, because there's no way they're going to work with you if you sound upset or hurt or angry) asking for the evidence they have that your art is stolen, and if they refuse, I would send a pm to V or Z stating that you adoptable has been shut down by a MOD who has refused to show you the evidence for why it was shut down, and you would like to see it.

Solistia

I agree wholeheartedly with Ryuu! (and evidence, that's the word I was looking for XD /brain shut down temporarily)

Echoscream

I sent a message to Veez and a friend of mine also sent a message to her about it. She has not yet replied. I am done with PI though.

Gidgets

I don't believe they ever showed TheKennel what I apparently stole my references from either (oh for shame, a realistic adoptie stealing references from real dog images). And after the accusation I just really didn't care, that hurt enough and I was done.

Solistia

I would think referencing would be okay, but outright tracing is wrong....I always work off multiple references OTL
/is suddenly very happy she's not active on PI anymore OTL;;;

Lectral

While I do not know all the details, I did take a look back at the few threads I could find for the zentaurs, and one big thing I noticed was that the initial sketches were never added to any of the intros threads - a big thing for PI is the artist being able to prove they drew (or bought) the art, and having the sketches (or purchase info) to back it up.

It would be very difficult to "prove" there was no art theft, when there is no posted proof of your friend being the original artist.  I am not trying to stir things up, just pointing out a fact that will most likely be claimed by the PI staff at some point.  And if the art was simply removed from the intro threads after intros was done, please correct me - all I found was a post in the thread saying the concept sketches would be added "soon"... though it appears they weren't

I believe they did drop the art theft aspect of the Kennel issue later... they just focused on the "inappropriate" realism *rolls eyes*

red_uni387

so for all you guys know they could have just said 'we hate the Kennel, let's say they stole art and ban them on PI' ....geez

and for a REALISTIC dog adoptie it'd be kinda stupid not to reference off a dog pic, otherwise how can you call teh adoptie realistic? ._.

Echoscream

I felt terrible when TheKennel was taken away from PI. I was going to order one just a mere few days before they were swiped. It is so idiotic that PI even bans adoptables. My artwork is MY artwork. People usually don't lie about such things...

Also, I did have reference pictures for Zentaurs but they were pictures of posed horses and dogs. Zentaurs look like lizards. We worked off of muliple sources to get the main art.

Concept sketches were in Mag's gallery if anyone was interested. :) We had them in there for quite a bit.

PonyMama

People do lie though.  I was scammed out of millions of PG for buying some lines from a person who claimed that she drew them.  They went through intros and everything and then it came up she was an art theif.  It happens.

red_uni387

um...the sketches are still there. with her username on them. how is that not to be believed?

Echoscream

I'm sorry that happened to you PonyMama... That must really suck...

Also, they don't believe her sketches.

YourLoveOnly

Yea I can imagine them doing that >.<
"You just traced a picture" or something like that.
When PI wants you gone then you'll be gone. No matter what you say or do.
So glad we're all here.

Ember

I am very glad I left PI when I did. It was long before any of the adoptables started to get these rediculous claims. *shakes head* Not showing evidence is just wrong. At the rate they're going they might as well just remove all adoptables from PI and say they are all inappropriate or stolen.

Solistia

This is why I like sketching in OpenCanvas...I can save the event file of me actually drawing it for someone to look at if they don't believe me OTL

Eric

Oh wow, was that just deleted?

Interesting!

I guess I'm done here. Take care. :)

red_uni387

nope, moved to a different forum

YourLoveOnly

Eric, please read before jumping to conclusions. We have a seperate forum for art theft issues and because you showed proof it was moved over there.

Eric

Ah, I see. I don't follow the board, so I don't know how it works. But I was only posting because I follow the work of the original artist, so that's enough for me. Sorry about everyone who was scammed by this adoptable artist. I'll be leaving now.

YourLoveOnly

Thanks for showing us your discovery, PI probably never would have >_>
I understand protecting privacy, but they make it impossible to sort stuff out.

Okay, I'm done ranting about PI.. for now xD

Taruia

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Neocridders

Quote from: PonyMama on January 31, 2010, 03:18:45 PM
People do lie though.  I was scammed out of millions of PG for buying some lines from a person who claimed that she drew them.  They went through intros and everything and then it came up she was an art theif.  It happens.

Sadly, I also had that happen. Maybe the same user, maybe another.
The infamous user scammed probably a hundred million pg. And it was frustrating, and it is a shame it got so out of hand before PI jumped in to help.
If only they could be faster about what is actually theift instead of banning the innocent.

red_uni387

i brought the first case of art theft onto secundi ;____________;

Solistia

Aaww, don't get down on yourself red! Without the evidence, there was no way you could have known (even your friend didn't know!)
/snugs

YourLoveOnly

sweety we all know you didn't know about it and you would never do it on purpose. it's okay. *hugs red*