News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Anyone here from the Boston area? Please check in :(

Started by Ryuukokoro, April 15, 2013, 06:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuukokoro

A horrible tragedy happened in Boston today, my heart goes out to the loved ones of those who passed away and the many injured. If any Secundi people live in the Boston area, please let us know that you're okay. :(

I live about two hours from Boston (and two states over) and it's pretty scary even being that far away from an attack. I do have a friend in Boston who likes to run in marathons, but she already posted on her facebook that she wasn't running in this marathon, so I'm relieved.

*hugs to everyone in these scary times*

skysnolimit

This is such an awful tragedy.  I went to college there and graduated and left the area last June, and thankfully my friends have emailed in that they're safe (the whole campus is extremely networked via email lists), but that doesn't change the feeling of tragedy.  These are motivated athletes in an area teeming with college students on a celebrated day.  Also, COLLEGE STUDENTS!?!?!

I know that all of such tactics are despicable, but I am particularly enraged when attacks target college students.  To me, college students really epitomize for everybody a parent's care and love coupled with bright young idealism and hope.

How dare they.  The attackers had better start repenting ASAP.  Preferably in prison where we can hold them accountable.

EDIT: A timeline of events http://tech.mit.edu/V133/N18/explosions.html

EquineGoddess101

Thank you for all of your concern, thoughts and prayers. My fiance and I do not live in the city of Boston; however, we do live about 1 hour away. I was at work when I initially heard and, I must say, I am still in a state of shock. Thankfully, no one we know was injured/killed but, this is nonetheless an awful tragedy for everyone. It just rattles the nerves.

Personally, I have faith in the officials who are investigating these bombings. We are not a community that forgives without closure and justice so, I fully believe that they will keep searching until they get answers.

My main fear is that something of this nature could technically happen anywhere and at anytime. So, while we appreciate your support and condolences, please don't forget to remain vigilant in your own neighborhood. *hugs*

skysnolimit

noooooooo my heart is breaking :'(  Are you guys okay?

EquineGoddess101

Yup! Still all is well <3 My fiance and I both work in Cambridge and both of our places of employment are closed until further notice. But, we are home & safe so, no worries!!

Ryuukokoro

I can't believe the turn of events that has happened today. I would never have believed anything could shut down a city like Boston for an entire day. I hope no other innocents are hurt as they apprehend this suspect. :(

skysnolimit

The police officer was a dear friend of many of mine :(  We're all posting memories here:

http://seancolliermemories.tumblr.com/

And the outing club put up a memorial page...

http://mit.edu/mitoc/www/#events/special.shtml

His family is asking that any donations be made to The Jimmy Fund in his name.

I'm so sorry for everybody who was affected.  I wish I could be there in person to offer my support.