News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Absolutely Overjoyed!

Started by red_uni387, July 07, 2013, 06:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_uni387

AIEE! Runi is a very happy person at the moment cause she just saw her AP scores 8D

I'm off to college next year, and in order to skip a very basic biology class, I needed a 5 on AP Bio. This year, though, the test was completely rewritten so it is more on par with college level bio. No one on my class was that confident about the test, and just a few days ago a classmate linked to an AP score distribution table that showed only 5.4% of the students who took the exam recieved a 5. So I was really really nervous.

BUT I GOT A FIVE!!! Oh my gosh I am just so excited right now I can't wait to go to college and just jump right in with animal physiology :DDD

(Also got a 5 on Calc BC, but 45.3% of students did so it doesn't really matter XD)

Kahlira

Yeahhh! Way to go, Runi! Mega congrats! And good luck!

red_uni387

Winged

Well done! Good luck with college, hope you have a great time :D
I don't know the american system, is a 5 the top grade? If only 5.4% got that grade, must be really good.
Owner of Gliders!

red_uni387

thanks winged! <3

yup, for AP tests the scale is 1 to 5, and usually 3 is the minimum score required for getting some sort of college credit :)

SPO

Congratulations Runi! I have taken some AP tests before. They are tough!!

Saturnalia

Woohoo! That's always my biggest piece of advice to college-bound people... Try to AP test out of any and all classes you possibly can! Great job!

red_uni387

*squishes everyone* <333

If only everyone would listen to that advice, Saturnalia! Some of my classmates didn't want to take the AP test and I just don't understand why they wouldn't want the chance to skip college classes. Especially since the lower level classes are more difficult to get into D:

Saturnalia

Yeah... in college, too, the classes are, in most cases, going to be harder than those AP classes in highschool. The AP test is very hard, yeah, but at least that's studying for one test as opposed to suffering through an entire semester of a class like that! I super regretted not AP-testing out of Pre-calc for college. And I was super glad I tested out of the writing course, because I heard it was a total nightmare!

red_uni387

Oh, I remember my bio teacher saying something like that! Everyone was complaining about the pace of the course, and she told us that in college the textbook we were using was for one semester only @__@ I really can't imagine having to cram that much information into your brain for a single semester, and that's only for one class!

Yikes, if writing class is a nightmare I really hope my score counts for something >__> Always found english classes to be lots more difficult since the teachers all have different styles and there's different formats for papers and it's such a pain citing things .__.

Saturnalia

Yeah, that was part of the problem with the writing course at my college, from what I heard. I had one of the professors that taught it, but for a different humanities class, and she was pretty horrible. She herself had no grasp of grammar or punctuation, and I was flabbergasted as to how she ended up teaching English... I had to defend my usage of paragraphs for one paper, because she wanted a 5-page paper to have 3 paragraphs. Um, what? So yeah, teachers in college can be a pain as you have to sort of align yourself with their very varied teaching styles, but then you also can find some super great ones!

red_uni387

...That does sound like a horrible teacher o___o How in the world would a 5 page paper only have 3 paragraphs?! That's as strange as asking for run-on sentences

Though I've heard that in big classes it helps if you go to your professor's office hours? Does it really make a difference for your grade or is it just for more connections? I feel like I'm just bothering them if I go to just to say hi

Saturnalia

I never went unless I had specific questions or needed help. I felt similarly-- they are busy enough without people stopping in for no particular reason. For the animal science stuff I did, though, we had a lot of "sign up for barn hours" and I always made sure to volunteer for a good amount of those.

Ryuukokoro

Congrats, Runi!! ^_^ That's so awesome!

springacres

Congrats on BOTH AP test scores, Runi! That's awesome!