News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Why do they keep snapping at me...?

Started by Arty, December 23, 2013, 10:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arty

Yesterday was my one year anniversary with my boyfriend, he works the 4pm-1am shift and I work the 10pm-7am shift at Wal-Mart. When I tried to wake him up at 9:30, he snapped at me saying that the sleeping pills were still working so I left him alone and went out into the living room to watch my 17mo old daughter. Around a quarter after noon, after I'd listened to her cry loudly and for pretty much no reason at all for the last two hours I took her in to go wake him up and he got mad that I brought her in while she was screaming to wake him up... at about 12:40 I went to bed, didn't get to sleep until sometime around two and was woke up at six to see if I worked last night... at eight I woke up and got ready for work where Nick and my mom took turns snapping at me before I went to go shovel my car out of the six or so inches of snow that we got. When I got back home this morning, my mom snapped at me asking where her charger was so I asked Nick and he got mad at me saying he gave it back to her... now keeping in mind that I did most of what was asked of me and didn't snap at them but once or twice and only after they'd snapped at me... I don't see why they keep doing it to me...

Silvanon

Arty

It's okay, I suppose I'll live through it >.>;

Winged

Sounds horrible :( It's never pleasant when someone's nasty to you without reason, just do your best to ignore them and not snap back. I know that's a lot easier said than done. I have a similar problem with my father almost constantly yelling and snapping at me so i can sympathise.
Owner of Gliders!

Arty

Aww, I'm sorry Winged <3

I am trying but when it happens in rapid succession, in my mind I start feeling wronged even though I know they're just stressed out...

Winged

It's okay, i live away from home now so not so much of a problem.
When that happens, it's probably best to just get away from it if you can, go for a walk i usually find that clears my head. Hope it gets better for you!
Owner of Gliders!

skysnolimit

I don't know why they do it (who knows why people are mean?  ??? lol)

It sounds downright irritating to me.

I know you'd probably had higher hopes for your anniversary.  Did he remember it later on at all?  What did he say?

<3  Here for you.  Good luck getting through this in a good Christmas cheer!

Arty

He did remember it, I just don't think he actually had a thought process in progress when he said those things. I love him but out of everyone I know... I think he knows who I am the best and Sera and Bun know my personality the best. I'm a very weird person and I give him kudos for being able to put up with me this long ^^;

Ember

It's never very pleasant when people snap at you, least of all when they're people you care about. Have you asked them why they snapped at you? Sometimes people aren't always aware of how they come across to others. You certainly don't have to put blame on anyone either. If you point to a specific example of when they snapped at you and tell them how it made you feel they can't deny your feelings on the matter. That kind of conversation might help you figure out their end of things. <3

skysnolimit

D'awww ^.^  Kudos to you for keeping this in a positive light, Arty!  I'm glad to see you have friends who understand even when not everybody else can :D  Also, Merry late Christmas!

Arty

Merry Christmas Skys, and thank you Ember <3

I have figured it out with my boyfriend, he's been sick lately and I guess he was just annoyed with himself for being sick so much in the last couple weeks and didn't mean too ( my mom is a whole 'nother story entirely... >>; )