News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Anyone here good with ArcGIS?

Started by Silvanon, January 02, 2014, 11:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanon

I know it's a long shot, but does there happen to be anyone here who's comfortable working with ArcGIS and could answer some questions/offer some help on its use?

Saturnalia

My boyfriend is familiar with it! I'm not actually in the same state as him right now, but I can pass on questions if you'd like!

SPO

My boyfriend is as well. I live with him too so if you want to PM me questions I can ask him to answer them for you. He had to take an entire course with it for school.

Silvanon

Thanks guys!  Conrad and I are going to sit down tonight and see if we can figure out exactly the questions we have, but I know already one we're trying to figure out is the exact steps to create a polygon shape from scratch.  (We need to draw the shapes of several Amish settlements.)

springacres

Your husband is studying Amish settlements?  *is an ethnic Mennonite herself*

Silvanon

Oh cool. :)  Yeah, he's doing a large scale study looking at what factors affect what occupations they have, how many kids they have, and whether or not those kids remain Amish, and how those factors and their effects have changed over the past 60 years.

springacres

Sounds fascinating!  No wonder you were crisscrossing the country last year trying to track down obscure scholarly works.