News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*cries* why will this not end?

Started by PonyMama, January 14, 2014, 03:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

Okay as many have known things have been happening with the bank and we have been in a very bad place money wise which makes feeding two kids very difficult

along with bank issues, we have also had my ex employer submit a different number for my T4 tax form which brought my income for 2012 up and with that came reassessments
Me get a refund of $15, hubby gets dinged $30, then I get dinged $62, but that was it....we thought

so now we find out the government forgot to add some money back in when they reassessed, so now I owe $45, and they have to start the whole process over, which will mean we will owe more money again.

Our car broke last year and we had to borrow money from hubby's parents, so we are still paying them back, and they just don't understand we can't afford to right now, cause when we give them money our kids go without (we ate kraft dinner, sandwiches and Mr Noodles a lot the last 5 months) or we put food on the credit card which is running out of money now

I just don't know what to do any more, for me to get a job and put my youngest in daycare will cost about $1000 a month, and that is pretty much all I could make at a full time job

and my roof is leaking, so will need to find money for repairs come good weather, and our furnace is breaking down on a regular basis

I just, I am so frustrated, can't figure out how to just get by, my youngest starts school in september, then I can find work, I just I do not know what to do any more

I can't feed my kids all the time and that kills me

Sorry I needed to get that out there
now I am going to go bury myself in Photoshop and just try and forget things around me for right now

Wildfilly94

*snugs pm* Im truly sorry you're having such horrible luck with money troubles lately. :( Unfortunately all I have to offer is hugs and sorries, but I really hope something turns up for you soon.

Winged

Oh that's terrible PM, i'm sorry to hear that :( If you ever need to take feel free to contact me.

What hours does your husband work? You could get part time work doing night shifts, or whatever fits in with his hours to earn some extra money. Also, have you researched free childcare options? I don't know about the US but here there are charitys who give help to single or disadvantaged parents such as free childcare while they work. Alternatively, you could try working from home? I don't know what your background or experience is, but I think some secratarial type jobs can be done from home?
These are just some ideas that came into my head, i don't know how possible they are in your country or situation.
Owner of Gliders!

Silvanon

*big hugs*  I'm so sorry to hear things are so rough.

I don't know how many of these ideas you might have already looked into, but I'll put them out there for in case:  Food stamps, first of all.  Local food banks - even if you don't qualify for food stamps they may well be able to help you out.  You can check with local churches, too.  For child care, check with local friends and neighbors, if you explain the situation there might well be someone willing to babysit for you for free or a much reduced price until September so you can work.

PonyMama

we don't have food stamps in Canada, we can go in for welfare and stuff, but since we technically bought a house we won't qualify, no free childcare, there are programs but again since we own our home we don't qualify

i did have a part time evening job, but it became too much with hubby driving me to and from and having to work his schedule around it
I have no experience, sadly I got preg right after high school and when hubby had a better job me being a stay at home mom was what worked, and then we had the second cause his income was even better

we do not do anything church wise, I know there are options in some churches but hubby and I both do not do organized religion and do not wish to have our children learning things we don't agree with

the problem is all our friends work all day long and have much different lives than I do, they all went to school and got careers while I ended up being a mommy before getting my life figured out

I have tried for some from home jobs but they want schooling and I can't, Until our income drops low enough I can't get the assistance we need to get me into classes

I am between a rock and a hard place, we have done all our options, that's why hubby tattoos from home, I make bows, and we try art the best we can with our time

Rosedawn

By churches I think Silv means going to a church to ask for food donations. Our church had an entire pantry full of food that went specifically to NON members.

PonyMama

Oh yeah our churches go through a few local programs, for food banks, but our income last year prevents us from actually being able to participate other than donating

Ryuukokoro

:( *hugs*

A lot of great artists supplement their income with online art--you should try that! I've never seen you do many custom USD sales here on Secundi. There's also PonyIsland you can put up a page for sketches or inking or shading. And you should make a DeviantArt account and see if there's anything you can offer for people there! Your husband could design tattoos for a fee and send the image to people online, to print out and take to their local tattoo shop. I've seen people on DA do tattoo commissions like that quite often!

Ember

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such hard time, PM. *snugs* I also live in Canada - if you happen to live anywhere near me/some of my friends, maybe we'll be able to offer a bit of support?

PonyMama

Ember

Sadly, I live in Ontario. Was worth a try.

PonyMama

Yeah, it is a bit far though, and I do appreciate the offer

springacres

:( *snugs*

I have my financial aid funds coming through next week, and once that happens I'd be glad to see some USD events from you, PM.  I'm honestly surprised you have done so little in terms of USD events, in fact.

I have a vague idea of what it's like to be struggling, since I'm out of work and going to school, but I at least have my disability check and parents who let me live with them at a rent I can afford.  I really hope things get better for you and your family.  You of all people don't deserve such hardship.  *snugs again*

SPO

*Hugs*  I am in college so I cannot fully relate but I understand money being tight. I would be happy to look at any trade threads or adoptable threads you set up for USD and I am sure that most of the rest of Secundi would as well. Anything to help.