News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Serious Topic} Active Duty?

Started by Tribe, February 10, 2010, 01:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tribe

I hope this is okay i know its not okay to talk about politics and the war but i think this falls under personal life more then either of those to.

Okay so my husband is currently national gaurd reserve, army reserve whatever you would like to call it. He was deployed most of the year of 08, this is really when we really started getting serious. So i was with him through most of his deployment and let me tell you i wouldnt wish the feelings i had to deal with on my worst enemey. Its hard for the spouse thats over seas but i promise you from what ive heard its harder for the spouse back home. I had to worry about what would happen to him, there were nights that i would just completely break down and just couldnt help myself thinking of what was going on when i couldnt hear from him.

Just talking/typing about it gets me anxious and nervous to a point.

Hes now switching mos's (basically itd be like us switching jobs) and hes looking for a unit that is ready to deploy..

It worries me a little him going back on active duty orders, i know that its whats best as the money paid is amazing & we have some debt to be squared off but i dont know that its worth the stress it causes. We barely lived through the last deployment without each other, how are we going to do it now that we are married have a son and have one on the way?

I guess i just need a place to track my thoughts but more so on what others think of the situation? Do you think it fair on both our parts for him to deploy again, this means being debt free, paying for our house in advanced (we are renting to own) and having the extra money to put back when its not needed (we cant keep money back right now bills are getting bad high). But on the other hand do you think that really having the entire family at home is more important then things getting paid off and such?