News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

its gonna be rough(I'll keep you updated on her status)

Started by Daimas, July 23, 2011, 02:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daimas

were heading into the vet tomarrow.. to see if we have to put our 3 year olf torbie cat down. she got bit by a hobo spider in march, and now the bite is acting up again. she wont eat, is weak, and has an abcess the size of a golfball on her side.

Wish her luck...and me some strength if she does have to go

wildnightblazer

All that matters is that you love her. Good luck! Be strong! Everything always turns out alright in the end! Don't ever forget that!

Goddesss

Good luck I am sending positive thoughts your way. *hugs*

Kahlira

Oh Daimas D'= *snugstight*

TheLeet

Good luck. I hope she'll be alright <3

Luv007

I'm sorry to hear about that.  It must be very difficult to watch her go through this.    I know you will have the strength to do what is best for her.

Ryuukokoro

That's so sad. :( I hope the vet has some alternative.

Daimas

GREAT NEWS!

the vet said my inital treatment of the original bite was spot on and that I did the right thing. he couldnt of done better. and then he lanced the abcess...that was a mess, put her on a medicine regiment. and sent her home.

She DID scare me though. I had a harness on her and when I ran the iPod charger out to my sister I came back and couldnt find her anywhere. Sooooo thinking she has slipped out the window with her harness I started looking everywhere for over an hour, and came in, in a last ditch effort looked in my room again. and found her asleep under a bed.

Thank you all for the support, and Sammi thanks you all for your well wishes^^

LaneyAngel

Thank goodness she's going to be okay!!! I would be hysterical if it was my cat! :(
**The Comprehensive List of Quinsta Colour Breeding Projects** - please come post and help make a guide to all Quinsta breeding projects on Secundi! :D
Quinsta- visual guide to males and females of each breed

springacres

Luv007

I'm so glad she is doing better!  I'm sure you're relieved to have her feeling better as well. :)

Daimas

Update

Sammi is doing alot better. the wounds healed almost fully already, she now just has a hatred for hot dogs because that was her treat for behaving while I cleaned her.

wildnightblazer

That's really great! She probably doesn't even need good luck wishes because you're treating her so well.

Luv007

I'm so thrilled that your cat has made it out of the woods and is healthy!!

Daimas

LONG overdue update

Sammi is healthy and happy, she still has muscle damage from the infection starting at the base of her tail, If you feel it you can feel her bones instead of her muscles

Her brother got bitten about the same time she did but on the back of his leg, that healed up fine

THEN he got bitten by another cat on his neck, I didnt notice till I was checking him for ticks and felt a scab. I tugged lightly to see if it was a actual scab or just a flea dirt patch sticking together, and it came loose in a nasty smelling little lump so I shaved his neck down and I could see the rest of the bite, and started treating his neck like I had treated the spiderbites. I had to leave for a few days to attend a concert that grandpa had booked and when I got back I could tell mom hadnt treated him at all, the hole had closed up and it was so swollen it was affecting his salivary glands and he was drooling. So I called into the vet and was going to take him in the next day... Well guess who decided to disappear that night?
So after 2 days of searching and another 3 days of crying thinking hes dead, He shows up again. so I take him in and shave his neck down again to check it out and notice there's another bitemark and a larger scab, so on the vets recommendation I soak his neck in a gentle saline wash and peel the scab to see if it will drain through that instead of having to lance it.

Long story short both cats are now spiderphobes... Sammi SEES a spider she runs and Hunter is no longer a bully and picking fights, now he steers clear of the other cats and stays home.

Ryuukokoro

Wow, your cats are a lot smarter than mine. >.> After Hobbs got in a big fight with some neighbor cat and had to get the vet to sew up a hole in his neck.... several months later he walks home with a hole in his forehead! *headdesk*

What treatment did you do to the spiderbite that the vet said was spot on? *curious*

Luv007

I'm glad they are both okay!

....wonders if letting my dogs get bitten by another dog would make them stop chasing dogs ten times their size.......

It is a bad idea, but man, do my pups think they are big and bad.  The pecking order goes in order of their weight.  5lbs yorkie on TOP, 50lb german on BOTTOM.

Daimas

Quote from: Luv007 on June 29, 2012, 02:34:19 PM
I'm glad they are both okay!

....wonders if letting my dogs get bitten by another dog would make them stop chasing dogs ten times their size.......

It is a bad idea, but man, do my pups think they are big and bad.  The pecking order goes in order of their weight.  5lbs yorkie on TOP, 50lb german on BOTTOM.

thats how it is here with moms German Sharpei mix and our new pup sassy.... She is 2 pounds he is 42..... and she runs the house. Kona adores her though

For the spiderbite I Drained it daily*LOTS of Cottonballs! you need them* Drained it by gently pressing around the open wounds to cause the infection to seep out into the cottonball, then slathered it daily in Triple antibiotic ointment, Then on Hunters neck I used a saline and peroxide mixture*vet said it was okay* in a eyedropper to be able to flush it out. then flush it with clean water.

Luv007

Dallas is the same... so gentle with baby, and with the little pups.  It's so funny to watch him wrestle with the two year old.  He's so unsure of himself, so he looks at me like, am I okay, mom?  Still doing a good job, right?

springacres

SO glad to hear both your cats are okay!  Especially Hunter, that sounds like it was VERY scary!