News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Tablet and art program suggestions

Started by Country, February 27, 2013, 01:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Country

Ok, I had a tablet way back when and it came bundled with a Corel art program. This was back when I had an adoptable over on PI. I enjoyed it very much but life happened and I didn't have as much time as I wanted for the adoptable and eventually sold it and I'm not sure what happened to it after that.

I have been having that "itch" some of you know, I want to get back into drawing and coloring, I miss it and when I was doing those things I was extremely happy. That is something my life kinda lacks right now and I want to fix that.

So, onto the important thing. I have seen some posts here about tablets, and things like that, I have looked at a few and so far have narrowed it down to two:

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Splash-Tablet-CTL471/dp/B0089VGPII/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361298243&sr=8-2&keywords=drawing+tablet

and

http://www.amazon.com/PenPad-7-7-Inch-Graphic-Tablet-Black/dp/B003OBZRPU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361298193&sr=8-1&keywords=drawing+tablet

I saw what Wild said about the second one being flexible and needing a firm surface to draw on, I also saw where Sunny said that this was still a great tablet and that didn;t actually bother her. I am not sure whether I could handle that or not, I draw in a sketchbook but I don't usually have a flat surface other than the book itself. I kinda have limited funds, so I am looking at trying to keep it at 100 USD or less, and that is including an art program.

On to art programs. I have been told taht Gimp is a great program, and if I could get it to cooperate with me I wouldn't have a problem. It may just be my lack of knowledge of the prgram that causes my programs, not real sure. But I am looking for suggestions on what good programs are out there. I noticed that the first tablet listed comes with Autodesk Sketchbook Express and ArtRage Studio. I know nothing about these two, have never heard of them before so I don't know if they would work or if I should look for something else.

My last tablet was a Wacom, can't remember which one, I just remember it was slate blue and I would probably still have it if my daughter hadn't used the pen as a teething toy and I hadn't lost the disk.

Any suggestions/help/advice would be great!

Thanks!

Country

Wildfilly94

I haven't actually used my tablet's art programs yet, because I lov emy CS3, but I am VERY happy with mine (The first one) and I definantly reccomend it. Its wonderful, easy to use, hard so I can use it anywhere (Even in my lap) and its just wonderful. I am very happy with it. :) Worth the 62 dollars.

Country

I would love to get CS3, but that is way out of my price range right now. I am kinda leaning towards the first one for the simple fact that it does come with a program and that would probably save me a chunk of money.

Wildfilly94

I got mine transfered to my flash drive from a nerd who knew how to get it. XD I'd help you if I could. :/

Yeah, I definantly love the first one alot. Its wonderful, simple, and worth the money for the brand name and all it does.

Country

I actually do HAVE an adboe photoshop on my external hard drive an ex gave me, but he can't remember how to get it installed on the computer. He did it once but had to call the guy who did it for him and I dunno where to even begin looking for it on the hard drive. I know its on there somewhere but who knows...I'm not that computer smart lol.

Unbridled

lemme know what your comp specs are and I'll hook you up <_<

YourLoveOnly

If you do ever want to use GIMP and need help, I always use GIMP and am on joinme often so you can always ask questions on how to navigate around it :) Not sure what's giving you troubles, but figured I'd throw that out there, if I can help I totally will.

Country

I think I was mostly just lost, and I was basically a noob with no one there to help lol.

YourLoveOnly

I find Photoshop much harder because it has so many more options and possibilities, but that's a matter of preference I think, I know people who are used to Photoshop sometimes find GIMP really complicated haha. But yeah, always willing to help if you want :)