News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Cavy Cottage} At last they're migrating! Opinions wanted <3

Started by Rodent Cottage, September 26, 2012, 02:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodent Cottage

So YLO has had to wait for over 2 years for the original artist to turn the sketches into fully finished shaded pieces. The pieces she finally did receive, not even 1/3 of the commission complete, was shaded with texture brushes instead of by hand and looked absolutely awful. I talked to some secundi friends about this on occassion, usually right after speaking to the artist, and this week Leafy was so horrified by the originally awesome sketches turned into crappy art that she offered to reshade them! Now they look awesome and will be due to launch soon ;D

The Cavy Cottage is a guinea pig adoptable, mainly realistic and 100% natural. Sorry guys, no neon green and purple piggies that sparkle! They will mainly be colored as real life piggies but USD customs and bribes will offer the possibility of having other animal mimics, within reason, it must not look completely unnatural on the piggy. So for example an African Wild Dog mimic can pass as a tricolor piggie but an Ocelot would be a no. Breedings will not be the real genetics because guinea pig genetics hurt YLO's head but instead it will simply be based on the parent's colors and coats.

There will be six adult breeds in male and female pose and also six baby poses that can go with any of the breeds! Also included are nine human NPCs who will each be in charge of a different part of the adoptable. This does not mean it will be a RP adoptable, everyone will be able to participate in every aspect of the adoptable (events, customs, breedings & competitions) without having to RP. It will just give the adoptable more backstory and I may do an occassional writing event but they will defenitely not be the main shop part as I know most people don't have time for it.

As a teaser I shall show of one of the NPC's Tessel piggies, a lovely lilac saffron and white tricolor boy. They're the last breed to be released to the public, so this is a special sneak peek! Now I'd love opinions on which style of coloring you guys prefer.

Option A - Black lines:

Option B - Colored lines:

Option C - Colored lines and colored shading:

YourLoveOnly

I'd also love to hear opinions on the art and set-up in general. Or really, I mostly want to hear who is interested in following them once they launch! <3 I am super excited they will finally be here soon, it's been so long and I obviously love guinea pigs so I am thrilled for this release! ;D

TheLeet

The art is really cute and I'd be interested in collecting a few but I'm generally bad at following adoptables XD

YourLoveOnly

Well there will be simple events like flatsales and raffles and post a picture events, all stuff that's quick to enter, so I hope I will see you in one of the threads once they launch <3 If not, I can always offer random premades and customs in return for Noms and Feli XD

And I'm glad to see someone posting, all the voting and no comments made me afraid no one was interested.. Although I know Leafy and PonyMama want to stalk as well ^^

So far the poll results lean heavily towards option C, will give it a few hours and then close it up I think. With the way these are colored shading pretty much only makes a difference on white anyway and every vote except one is for colored lines :P

red_uni387

Hm...I don't see myself becoming a hardcore stalker, but the lines are adorable and I'll most definitely pop in for the quick events :)

BabyKittenCandy

Very cute! I will certainly pop by to events, not sure if I will hardcore stalk but would def like a few!

Glad you Finally Got them!

CrystalAngelNeko

I will totally be stalking <3 so cute! I've been waiting for these ever since you mentioned them to me x3

Kadana Sorano

I like option B best, it looks touchably soft where theblack lines don't.  Option C is harder for me to see detailing on, but that may change once I manage to get my new glasses.

I might grab a few, but I don;t think I;d stalk them.  I like them, up until I get to the face, not sure what it is about the face, but it puts me off a bit.

I like your Blub much better :)
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

YourLoveOnly

Thanks for the interest guys! Looks like option C is the big winner. I'm really excited for these and have already finished typing up most of the info and backstory and colored a few Texel piggies since that's the only breed Leafy has emailed to me so far. She says she'll be sending the others today or tomorrow, then work on the human NPCs and perhaps I'll asl her to redo the cert the original artist gave me. While Leafy works on the NPCs I'll be coloring premades so when all the art is done they can launch really quickly ;D

Quote from: Kadana Sorano on September 27, 2012, 07:56:14 AM
I might grab a few, but I don;t think I;d stalk them.  I like them, up until I get to the face, not sure what it is about the face, but it puts me off a bit.
The faces can be very different looking depending on which lineart, so maybe you'll like some of the other ones better :)

!Blub! will defenitely be staying too, no worries ^^ I like having multiple things, it keeps my muse going, always having to focus on one thing tends to kill it. I'm actually working on coloring all the stuff from the last event thread at the moment and post those with final results.

Winged

They're lovely! I agree option C, but perhaps make the lines a tad darker than in that example, i think for the white especially it's a little too faded.
Owner of Gliders!