News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Here, kitty, kitty!

Started by SkySong, October 10, 2012, 04:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

So it's been a while since I've ran an adopt... And I stumbled across this lineart. I enjoyed coloring it, and thought it'd be a fun little thing to run here if anyone would be interested. (The lineart would be resized so it makes for a more Secundi-sized adopt)

The events I'd run would include frankens, raffles and maybe a few flatsales. These aren't going to be particularly expensive, and I'm not looking for sg, so flatsales will be few and far between. I might do a few unique auctions (leaning towards the lowest bid type of thing) though.

If I do end up doing breeding, I will be doing it very similar to the Feli marking wise. (Not trying to copy, just think it's a brilliant idea!) There will most likely not be any baby lineart.(or another adult lineart) If it's specifically requested, I'll think about drawing a little something that can be used instead.

Also, certs are probably not going to be involved. Again, if it's specifically requested, I'll think about it, though. I don't have a good way to cert in SAI, and I don't want this to be a pain where I have to switch from SAI to gimp and back again. This is supposed to be fun, not another chore.

If you are interested in seeing the type of shading and (loose) coloring style I'll be using, it will look something similar to this: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/284/6/0/curious_by_secretrealm-d5hi7xn.png

If people show interest, I'll start re shading so it will work for a template.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Daimas

I commented no because even though the artist says its fine to use... I still would not feel right with it if it was me going to use it, because she says right under that please do not sell it. and unless it is a completely free adoptable you will be selling it. It is ultimately your choice to make weather you will use it or not though.

CrystalAngelNeko

Actually, she says you can't sell the artwork. Eh... like, don't take her lines and resell them. She does say you can sell the actual colored product as an adoptable.

but either way... I just feel like the one set of lines without anything more is kind of -shrugs-.... Adoptables are fun with mutations and different lines for male and female. Or just different breeds will work too.

SkySong

I actually didn't notice that, guys. Sorry about that! I actually found it from someone who was selling a colored version for deviant points and guess my eyes just skimmed over that. Might do something similar (obviously my own, though) since running adopts is a good way to procrastinate keep up my skills.

Daimas

Quote from: SkySong on October 10, 2012, 08:45:06 PM
I actually didn't notice that, guys. Sorry about that! I actually found it from someone who was selling a colored version for deviant points and guess my eyes just skimmed over that. Might do something similar (obviously my own, though) since running adopts is a good way to procrastinate keep up my skills.

That's why I run them too. if you need art help I can check my PC for you, I have a ton of unused lines that need cleared out. and If I cant find one that I can clear out I can always try helping you with art if you need it. Running adopts is a great idea and i am sure you will do wonderfully at it

Wildfilly94

If you need an adoptable to run and want to either revamp the art or just run it as is and add to it or smething, theres always the Evolyx. I havent sold them yet. Jsut an idea. PM me if your interested. <3

SkySong

I actually just sketched up a couple lines right now. Do you guys like this style instead? The sitting would be female, the standing male. I'd draw at least one kitten stage, perhaps maybe two or three.

If these lines don't do it for you guys then I'll see about talking to you two.

Wildfilly94

The baselines are cute! :) I'd love to see kittens, and mabye other breeds?
Any kitty lines I could get my RL kitties mimiced in is <333

Silvanon

I actually like your sketches a whole lot better than the DA one.  I say do them! :)

SkySong

If I were to go with this style... I'd probably end up doing kittens and mutations. If people would prefer different poses (Like the Feli) instead of lots of different mutations, then I could do that, but I don't want to copy the Feli. We do need a bit of variety, after all!

If I find I can run these well and they have a good following, then it's possible that I'll branch out into other animals, like canines or equines.

Thank you, Silvanon! They are just sketches and need a bit of cleaning up before I'll be happy with them, but I'm glad you like them!

Luv007

Love them like always, Sky. I'll follow them whichever way they branch. :)

SkySong

Thanks, luv! ♥

Here's a possible kitten for those who are interested. :)

Wildfilly94

Daimas

So much better than the DA ones! I would LOVE to see these as an adoptable!

Goddesss

Kadana Sorano

I voted yes initially, because of the fluff love.  But I too, like your lines much bettrr.  And the multi set adopt makes it so much more appealing.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Pinkshadow

I love your lines :) can always use more kitty adopts :)

Winged

I love your sketches! I would love to see different breeds :)
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

Thrilled to hear people like them! What I have in store then, is, once I get home, I'll get these fixed and templated, perhaps adding one or two more kittens if people want more than one.(if no one mentions wanting more kitten lines, then I won't bother drawing them.) Then I will see about coloring and starting off with an event before I head out of the house again.

If these cats seem to work out for a week or so, then I'll look into adding other lines. (If we get that far, I'll see about doing requests.)

Winged

I'd like another one or two kitten lines!
Owner of Gliders!

Pinkshadow

I think mutations would be awesome, as FCFC have different breeds and Feli have different poses, so maybe a few poses and mutations i think would be awesome :)

Wildfilly94

I'd LOVE more kittens. In RL they have about, (but i wouldnt ask you to draw six different babies XD) I'd settle with three.

I initially said no, but now, if I could, I'd change it to yes. I Love your lines. ^^

SkySong

So... I'll draw a couple more kitten lines, first of all. If I do maybe another breed of cat (with five lines in all, two adult, three kittens) and possibly mutations for each, would that seem unique enough for you guys?

Kahlira

Mutations like... winged kitties? Yay! I like the new lines.

SkySong

Possibly. If people would prefer overall that I keep things more natural and do not include fantasy mutations/colors/patterns then I won't, but if you guys would like to see some fantasy kitties running around, then that's no problem, either. :) Glad you like, Kah!

Wildfilly94

My only question is would we be able to get unique kitty customs?
I'm looking for an adoptable I can get miics of my RL kitties in. I do it anyway with the other kitty types, but Id love one where I pay a sum of SG or $$ and can get a custom posed and made kitty. whether the lines pass on is up to you.
I have a RL kitty that passed away who had a bobtail (bob), one whos alive and VERY fat (morgan), a LH kitty (Squiddie), and one other that passed who was a persian (Lily). I also have symon, but he wouldnt really need new lines unless I REALLY wanted his personality in the pose. XD

SkySong

I can consider it. If other people are interested in custom poses, then I'll be willing to do them, but unless there is a healthy amount of interest in custom poses, then I'm a bit hesitant.

Here are the new two kitten sketches:

Wildfilly94

Thank you for atleast considering it. <3

I like the two new kittens as well! :)

CrystalAngelNeko

custom lines and templated ones would both be really cool <3 I really like your sketches a whole lot!

SkySong

Sorry for taking so long on this, had a busy day yesterday. Here's the female shaded and colored.

Wildfilly94

Luv007

SkySong

here's a fantasy colored with the lines dimmed. Any preferences?

Winged

I normally prefer black lines, but for these i think the dimmed lines look better. And i love your shading! She looks fantastic :)
Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

Thanks, Winged! Kinda agree with you there, but I'm not sure if it's just the colors I picked or what.

Wildfilly94

I prefer black. For that particular fantasy cat it looks good dimmed, but the natural.one looks best black.

CrystalAngelNeko

Maybe try colored lines? So maybe not 'dimmed' but after you color your pet, going back and coloring the lines in a darker shade, but not quite black, lines would look good ♥ Like what they do on Aywas.

SkySong

Ok, so here are two kitties for you. They each have three different types of lines. This is so you guys can compare which type of lines you like best.

First is with colored lines, second is with dimmed lines, and third is with black lines.

Luv007

I think the dimmed lines are my favorite on the lighter fantasy colored girl, and I don't see a HUGE difference in the darker colored natural. So my vote is obe dimmed lines.

Kahlira

I like the dimmed lines on the darker one, and the colored on the lighter one. But on neither do I like the black lines.

Pinkshadow

So cute, i love lines number two :)

Wildfilly94

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

SkySong

Then dimmed lines are what I'll end up doing. I'll template the male and start an event. If you guys have some names you want to suggest, you can put them out. If not, I'll pick one for myself.

Luv007

Judging from my utter failure at creating a name last time, I'm going to stay out of this.  Lol.  But I will be stalking!

CrystalAngelNeko

NekoNekos? or CatCats xD idk, it sound cute in my head ^.^ (Baka Nekos!)

SkySong

Stupid cat lol... Kinda like the NekoNeko, it's cute!

Daimas

Kawaii Neko's
kawaiine *shorter version*

Litterally translates as cute cats

Nekomi's*mi short for miniature*
or
Nekochi*chi for chibi. Jap for small*

kachine*short for kawaii Chibi Neko, cute small cat*

skysnolimit

I like Daimas' "Kachine" suggestion :-)  It rings a bell!  Or sounds like ringing a bell, anyway, lol

Wildfilly94