News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Quinsta] Magic Marking Help?

Started by Ravvana, October 24, 2012, 11:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravvana

I won my bribe on the amazing black frame overo Mustang mare. Now I need to decide which magic marking reference photo to use for her. I'm torn between these three. Thoughts?

Pinkshadow

Winged

Second one, but they're all stunning!
Owner of Gliders!

springacres

Second one actually looks like a tovero to me (neck white looks like it goes up over the crest) but that could just be the angle of the photo. Personally, unless you could find a second photo of the second horse taken from the other side to prove it wasn't a tovero, I'd go for the first one.

Ravvana

The second horse is a stud with a webpage: http://www.horse-previews.com/1298articles/1298front.html. He's listed as a "1995 Black Overo" by the owners.

I had flipped my favorite side to match the direction of the Mustang mare lineart, but this is his right side:

And this is his left side:

Looks overo IMO with the only odd bit being the tiny bit of white crossing his neck. And it seems like if a stud was tovero, they'd have mentioned it on his stud page. If Silv doesn't accept it, of course, I'll go to one of the others as backup :)

Silvanon

Frame Overo can cross over along the neck sometimes, it's the back & shoulders that almost never get marked by Frame.

springacres

Ah, I stand corrected then :)  In that case I would definitely go for that reference picture instead of the first horse :)