News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Gliders] Love pairs?

Started by Winged, October 27, 2012, 04:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged

Which love pair template do people prefer?

Love pair 1

This is the new template used for breed and mutation examples.

Love Pair 2

This is the current style that is on the certs.

And would you prefer the love pair uploaded twice, with one headshot for each of them, or uploaded as a single image?

Thanks all for your input!
Owner of Gliders!

Kahlira

Ya know, I never really noticed the shadow until you pointed it out. XD

I say for simplicity's sake, and maybe ease of uploading, no shadow?

Winged

Yes, it's more of a subtle effect which helps maake it more 3-D than something obvious. I wanted to see what more people thought on it, I think it looks slightly better with the shadow but not a huge effect.
Owner of Gliders!

Silvanon

The shadow is perhaps a bit nicer, but importing is already a lot of work...

YourLoveOnly

I prefer without and since that's also easier for you, yay! xD

Wildfilly94

I like the shadow, actually, but after spending multiple hours uploading each rat for CDA (there were only 61 rats total, plus the items) I would say whichever is easier for you. Its a very long and draining process, especially sense there are SO many gliders. D:

Course, mine only took so long becaus eI had to re-save all the images of currently owned rats, plus make their thumbnails. :s

Winged

Looks like no shadow is most popular, but i'll leave it till tonight when i start importing :)
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Which love pair template do people prefer?

Love pair 1

This is the new template used for breed and mutation examples.

Love Pair 2

This is the current style that is on the certs.

And would you prefer the love pair uploaded twice, with one headshot for each of them, or uploaded as a single image?
Owner of Gliders!

CrystalAngelNeko

I think uploading them twice would be nice... I'm not sure there is an option for LPs in the system, is there?

Winged

No, i can add the gender as Other but that's it. The age is typed in, but it would be a bit odd to have 'Love pair' as age.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I voted #2. I like how on #1 the male doesn't have to be mirrored but it doesn't really look like a love pair to me I guess. I also vote uploading twice with name, headshot and gender for each Glider and then just have the image be the both of them.

Winged

Thanks! The main reason why i was trying the new one was because i don't like the male flipped round.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I get that, I like it better when he's not flipped around either :P But it does make them look like more of a 'pair'
Refusing to flip poses around is why most of my adoptables don't have a lovepair image XD They can /be/ a lovepair, I just never cert them together. I think Jaeman Prophecy was the only one with a lovepair image.

Winged

Yeah i've always liked the idea of having a love pair image :) Actually always wanted to have new lines for the lovepair but since i can't get the original artist to draw them i decided against it.
Owner of Gliders!

Sunchaser

I just love them period lol *grins*

Winged

Haha yes your two are the first love pair so i used them as the example :)
Owner of Gliders!

Sunchaser

Ryuukokoro

Usually for lovepairs/twins/etc. each image is uploaded twice, once for each critter. The headshot shows which critter it which.

Like my lovepair for Little Chimera:

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=503292
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=503293

And Garney once did Faekind twins on one image, for the first pet image she uploaded she made one twin regular and she made the other semi-transparent. And then for the other twin image she reversed it, making the second twin regular and the first one semi-transparent.

Winged

Thanks to everyone who has voted! Right now Love pair 1, so the new one is more popular. For now i'm going to upload this pair as that image, and if i end up deciding on the other image i can alter it. It's a while till the next love pair and i've got some more time to import before i start studying xD
Owner of Gliders!