News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[CDA] Changes Coming.. In need of Opinions.. ?

Started by Wildfilly94, October 30, 2012, 11:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfilly94

Okay so I've taken this into deep thought (At midnight last night, because I coudn't sleep) and I wanted to impliment some changes, but sense we are an Agency, I thought it best to run these by with Secundi too.

1. 4-8 Is ALOT of babies to color per litter, plus when we have more breeds with their own litter sizes, it may get considerably overwhelming for me. D: I figured the best option would be 3-6. 3 Being the standard size, 4-6 being the size if a fruit basket is used. You will STILL get to keep 2 babies per litter, and 4 per litter you breed if your Registered. I know this may suck for some people, but I made sure the litters were big enough so you culd still keep the limited amount of babies I listed before, and trade away atleast 1.
**NOtE* This change in size only affects Rats. Other breeds I add will have different standard amounts of babies, and different larger sizes.

2. I had an epiphany with Willw the other day to add new species to CDA utside of rodents, and Den doesn't suit all the species I'm bringing in.. So I don't really see Critter Den as a fitting name. The Petshop sounded better, in my opinion. If you have a better name suggestion, feel free to post ^^

3. This one is more for me than you. I plan to add things that will make the Species 'Rodents' confusing for me, so I want to change that. XD Hopefully no opjections? O.o

4. As I said under #2, I plan to add other breeds that may not make sense with Regustered Dens, so I thought just titling you asa Registered Owner. You can keep the names you have if your registered, that wont be affected, its just, for example if I added cats to CDA, It makes more sense to call it 'Wilds crazy Cattery' Not den. Make sense?

I THINK this is all I had... I cant remember... *headdesk*

Wildfilly94

Okay, now its all set. If I think of anything else, I'll just post in this thread.

Winged

Can't wait to see other breeds! The main reason i haven't participated much yet is becasue i'm not a huge fan of a rat adoptable xD
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Petshop sounds so.. standard. I don't like that at all, sorry XD Another reason for my big dislike is because I think petstores shouldn't sell animals, 99% of them do not have the knowledge for all the pets they are selling and it should just be left to responsible breeders (and shelters for those poor abandoned animals). I always imagined your adoptable as a bunch of responsible breeders selling some of their babies and breeding stock, especially because of the registered thing you have going, that seemed more of a association/club type of thing to me than a petshop.

You also said under the registered info before that we need to think of a unique name for each species, so for example I have Clumsy Card House for my rats and if I went to register mice they'd need a new name. So I don't see any issues with people calling their collection a Den. Maybe title the submission thread Registered Breeders?

I understand what you say about the amount of babies, I thought that was large to begin with, but I think it is odd to change it after people have already paid fees, especially changing your mind before you even colored a ton of breedings XD I could understand better if you had come up with this after doing a breeding season and finding out how much work it really was, but changing your mind before breedings happened seems a bit odd, I guess I don't understand why you couldn't have thought of that from day one XD

I suppose I am fine with changing it, but I would put the lowest amount at 4, so people with registered dens can always keep the amount they're allowed to keep if they chose to. 4-6 seems fine, I thought 8 was a LOT from the start, especially if you want to use that amount for all pet types. Better to have put the amount lower to begin with or set a number for each pet type individually (for example, 4 babies for hamsters is a low amount but for guinea pigs that is a high amount).

Edit: You can enter multiple species too! I know FCFC has Cats and Dogs as species and then the different breeds under breeds. So I'd keep Species as Rodent, then Rat as breed. Other rodents can be added as breeds under the same species and other pets like birds or reptiles can be a different species/category. Unless you plan on doing different kinds of rats (like fancy and dumbo), but you could do those as Mutations so I'd still do it like that.

Umm Gaia

Hmm.. So you vote to keep CDA, change the Registration part to Registered Breeders, and to make the standard for Rats 4, and 5-6 for large litters, I'm gathering?

The only big reason I'm considering a name change is due to a pssible addition of Little Hooves. I cant seem to fit a breeding box/den item for them in my mind, so I'm just not sure about den being in the adoptable name working. If no one else finds it problematic like I do though, I can keep the name. :)

I actually like Registered Breeder's better than Owners. It makes more sense anyway. Thank you!

And I completely understand where your coming from on the litter sizes. I felt bad, seeing that items had been purchased, and then me thinking 'ooohhhh crap. Too many babies' So 4 sounds reasonable to me, with 5-6 being large.

Eta: As for changing Species from Rodents to Rats, I figured It'd make more sense, again, partly because of the horses. I just don't know what I'd catagorize them as, as a species. XD So for example, Species; Rats, Horses, Birds. Breeds; Normal(rat), Rex(rat), miniature (horse), parrot(bird).
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Wildfilly94 posts in Green
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Winged

For species i'd suggest Rodent- Rat/guinea pig/ect, Equine-Horse/donkey, Birds-Parrot.
Owner of Gliders!

Wildfilly94

*headdesk* Equine. XD I'm so smart aren't I? XD

YourLoveOnly

I think the art style for LH would go well with CDA, although it would make no sense size wise (gigantic rats! XD), but honestly I was really pleased to see a rodent only adoptable, it makes it a lot more unique. And LH has it's own rather large following (ánd a bunch of staff members that may want to continue, I know I would love to stay on as a colorist, Super Starz disappeared before I ever got to do an event XD) I'd prefer to keep them seperate. Horses are outdoor animals and a completely different addition than cats/dogs/birds/other pets you keep indoors. If you do add non rodent breeds I'd still very much prefer to see two adoptables; one with indoor pets and one with outdoor/farm pets instead of everything meshed into one.

4 as the regular amount and 5-6 as larger/less common amount seems fine to me. And yes to calling registration Registered Breeders, I think that should cover anything you may ever wish to add.

QuoteSo for example, Species; Rats, Horses, Birds. Breeds; Normal(rat), Rex(rat), miniature (horse), parrot(bird).
If you do Normal and Rex for rats I'd do that as Mutation, not a different breed. So species: Rodents, Birds, Reptiles etcetera. Then the actual animal as Breed and different varities of the same animal as Mutation.

Wildfilly94

Hmm, Well I had planned that if I buy them from her, the colorists who were part of the team would be more than welcome to continue with them, but I can see where you'd preffer a second adoptable. I just hoped it would be easier to combine them under CDA, instead of wait to have them approved as an agency in a few months and run a third account. :O
I think I'll have a vote for that, if the times comes where I run LH.
I don't on having farm pets really, or even cats and ogs right now, its just small animals you'd likely see in a pet store/adoption center for the time being.

Hmm, I suppose a mutation would work for that, Thank you!

YourLoveOnly

Well if you just want to do those types of animals I think adding horses to them is.. odd, to say the least. I understand where it is more convenient for you, but it would make no sense to me and it'd be obvious that they are just combined because it's easier for you but in reality they'd still be two seperate adoptables XD So I defenitely vote keeping Little Hooves seperate if you want to keep CDA to small animals like rodents and birds and reptiles. No offense, but it really does kinda seem like a way to get around having to run for Agency status for the LH if you don't plan on having more of those types of animals. I know you don't mean it like that, but it just really doesn't make sense to me, I hope you can understand that <3

That said, I'd love to see both of them as Agencies, just as two seperate ones ^^ You can always post from one account to run them if that suits you, but I'd keep the actual Agencies seperate.

Winged

I agree, i don't like the idea of horses mixed with only small animals. Would be much better to have LH seperate, i do like them myself and would love to see them again, as their own adoptable.
Owner of Gliders!

Wildfilly94

Hmm, okay. I didn't think people would mind, but I suppose if I'm ablle to get them, I'll run them as their own agency.

PonyMama

I like the name as is
I understand changing the litter sizes, that is a lot of work

as for adding in LH, I like the idea and I don't.  I think they stand well on their own, I can see why you would love to add them, less accounts to run, but I do think with their own following they should be fine and they have a lot of staff