Quin Project: Has anyone bred Chestnut or Roan into Fresians?

Started by Rosedawn, December 07, 2012, 08:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosedawn

I absolutely love the Fresian lines. I have not been fortunate enough to snatch one up yet, but I was thinking why not combine my favorite things into my favorite lines?

I would love to breed Chestnut, Roan, and possibly appy (but I think that has been bred in somewhere) into the Fresian lines, but I don't want to step on any toes if people have already started projects. And if so, I'd be happy to help those projects meet their endgoals by picking up grades with my breeding tickets to give you more chances at getting what you want.

I also had another question: I hadn't noticed any blood bay colorations. Is this a coat in Quin or have I just not noticed it? It is very possible of the later as I have not been as invested with Quin as I have been with other adoptables but I am trying to spread out.

YourLoveOnly

Bay is just bay genetically no matter the shade, Silv colors them different shades herself. I do think I've seen a blood bay or two, but there's not very many I think.

So far there is no chestnut in Friesians, but there is roan and appy! I am not sure if anyone I working on chestnut.

Keilin Alyr

Chestnut is probably going to be a pain to introduce and reinforce in Friesians, since the vast majority of them are EE extension. So getting a chestnut project to stick is going to involve a lot of luck, finding those elusive Ee parents, or breeding two Grade sets together after confirming they're both Ee after 4 generations.

As much as I love palominos though, I've been hoping to take on the chestnut Friesian challenge someday. I certainly wouldn't mind though if others joined me though, the more the merrier! ^^

At least it won't be at tough as breeding non-dun Fjords, since Silv has pretty much confirmed that all existing 1st generation Fjords are DD. ^^;

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Rosedawn

I'd be happy to help you Kei! Though you may have to just say Rose do this- because horse genetics, for whatever reason, are like greek to me lol. Feel free to use me as you wish!

Ryuukokoro

My stud Avenger has appy blanket and roan, you are welcome to use him in your projects if he'll help fulfill your goals. :)

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=551184

skysnolimit

The first step for chestnut into friesians could definitely be to test Avenger and Jellyson for chestnut alleles by breeding them each to a bunch of random chestnut Quinsta mares and seeing if any of the kids are chestnut!

That could be done next season, and who knows, you might get lucky!  Jellybean has a chestnut allele, so there's a 50% chance that Jellyson already carries chestnut and a 25% chance that Avenger does too!

If any of them do carry it, then you just have to find another line of grades that also carry chestnut down and breed them with this first line.

I hope that was clear.  I had to do a TON of that kind of thing for my ongoing red dun into Andalusians project (which involved lines of both chestnut and dun... haha)