News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Help for shops with kitty patterns!

Started by Ryuukokoro, January 31, 2013, 08:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuukokoro

Just randomly searching around today on my local animal refuge league website and I found an online poster that helps break down cat patterns/colors, thought I'd share because it's a cute poster!

http://www.arlgp.org/uploads/Cat%20Descriptions.pdf

(I had no idea every cat has the gene for tabby stripes, it just gets repressed on solid color cats. Also I had no idea Siamese patterns were influenced by temperature! o.0 )

Wildfilly94

That is a very awesome poster! Just in time for me, being introduced as a colorist for FCFC an all XD

Mabye thats how Symon got to be that ragdoll/siamese color and all the other babies were black and white. O.o

YourLoveOnly

I did know about the siamese and points, it's the same with point genes in most rodents. Like my himalayan guinea pig girl Enya always has much darker points in the winter and in the summer they become very light! It's very interesting to watch.

But it's still a fun little reference thing! I know for FCFC PM sometimes uses a calculator to determine breeding outcomes, but for the most part we just wing it. Especially since the FCFC genetics have some things that don't match up completely with the RL thing anyway. Like red cats without tabby and dove for dilute calico/torties instead of blue. But that was all established by the shop's first owned and it was too big a hassle to change it all around XD

Pinkshadow

awesome poster xD
- My IRL kitten is Tortoiseashell then xD