News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

CDA breeding choice

Started by Winged, February 03, 2013, 05:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged

I've got a breed with YLO's Domino, and i'm deciding which of my males to breed her to... I was thinking Sunday or Silver but Rojo might give interesting babies too. All three are first gen.
I'll also take other suggestions, but i'd prefer to use one of my boys so i can trade more of the litter.

Domino

X

Sunday

Silver

Rojo
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I love the idea of using Sunday! It should create orange, red, various browns and black so lots of variety! Silver would just be various shades of grey and possibly black and I'd consider Rojo just a tad too unnatural. He'd create pretty browns though, so I can see why you're tempted there :P

Winged

I was leaning towards Sunday, because he also has faint brindling that might pass on and cute white spots. That was my thinking with Rojo too.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Yeah I think Sunday has the most interesting potential, both with colors and patterns. He has a lovely sorta dual colored base, then the darker spots, the points on ears/nose and the white spots, it should create fun patterns in the babies! Rojo could create browns, but also creat red/black/white babies, depending on what Wild classes him as, he's too red to be considered a natural but I'm not sure if Wild filed him away as fantasy since it's not a super obvious fantasy coloration.

Winged

Yeah i've never been sure if he's classed as fantasy or natural, i tend to only like certain fantasys with the rats, i'm mostly going for natural.
Owner of Gliders!

Wildfilly94

I looovveee Rojo with Domino. XD

And as far as fantasy is concerned, I dont see any fantasy colorings on any of those boys ^^ Rojo is very close, but I know animals CAN be more red like that. If he were any more red, like santa clause red, then I may consider him fantasy

Winged

I'm currently leaning towards Sunday, i'll probably put the breeding in tonight or tomorrow.
Owner of Gliders!