News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Guardians.

Started by Neocridders, March 06, 2010, 09:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

As the Novel is called 'The Guardians of Ga'Hoole' but the movie it named 'Legend of the Guardians, well, I figure the only really suitible title would be guardians.

(By Kathrine Lasky)
These books are a great, very indepth children's novel. They are about owls, and much more... but so much more that I cannot really say exactly.

WARNING. Spoilers. There are 14 or more books, so it is very possible something you have not read will be in the thread. Please view with caution!
Also, if you plan to see the movie, and like surprises, don't go any further in this thread.

So, chat chat chat chat? :)

red_uni387

I WANNA SEE THE MOVIE ALREADY D:

Neocridders

It comes out right after my 16th birthday. Needless to say I'll be demanding 3D glasses and popcorn as my sweet sixteen present ;)

red_uni387

it comes out in december right? I remember reading that somewhere....

lol what wonderful timing! I'm hoping they didn't change too much from the books <3

Wolfs Fang

I've never read the books. Are they worth reading? o_O I assume the answer is yes. XD

~Fang
~~

red_uni387

YESYESYES!!!! I can let you borrow mine :D (though I'm missing quite a few xD)

Neocridders

Well, it comes out September 24th
And I am excited.

I was reading some info about the movie, and apparently Kludd and Soren both fall in the movie. And I am like... uhhh... no.
And then Eglantine was described as a 'friend' of soren's

But Noctus, Soren's father, is played by the actor of Elrond in Lord of the Rings <3 <3

Neocridders

Quote from: Wolfs Fang on March 06, 2010, 10:06:22 PM
I've never read the books. Are they worth reading? o_O I assume the answer is yes. XD

~Fang

They are worth reading, if you like long, thought out plots. It reminds me of a Harry Potter for younger readers, because of how detailed it is. It goes way beyond the average book.

Oooooh, did you know Laskey put out a new series a while ago? Wolves of the Beyond, I think. I am ordering the first book, it came out a month or two ago.

red_uni387

bah lying websites! D: ah well, is sooner than I had expected :D

......*twitch*......*falls over*

really? must read that too.....I've only seen her new series about daughters of the sea

Neocridders

Quote from: red_uni387 on March 06, 2010, 10:14:11 PM
bah lying websites! D: ah well, is sooner than I had expected :D

......*twitch*......*falls over*

really? must read that too.....I've only seen her new series about daughters of the sea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsAErYNyRuE
This  was released yesterday or the day before I think.

red_uni387

asidusdgjkgsg
soren's so CUTE!!!

Neocridders

*Strokes Avatar*

Yeeess. <3 <3
Barn owls <3 <3

Though I am a little disappointed in the appearance of the older two of the siblings.
Soren is supposed to be younger, 3 weeks. And Kludd only a few weeks older than Soren.
Those owls look like young adults. I know baby barn owls are similar to eglantine's look. I was hoping all would look like that, though, because later in the books, like the second book I think, Soren is looking at his reflection for the first time since he was a hatchling, and thought he looked just like his father.

red_uni387

yeah they look nearly full grown o.o
it's so cute when Soren telling the legend to Eglantine <3
but Kludd's eyes.....you can tell he's evil just by looking at them

Neocridders

Quote from: red_uni387 on March 06, 2010, 10:27:20 PM
yeah they look nearly full grown o.o
it's so cute when Soren telling the legend to Eglantine <3
but Kludd's eyes.....you can tell he's evil just by looking at them

You know, I've always hated Kludd. I mean, listen to the name! If I had a name like that, I'd be a bitter child. But, I had respect for him.
And seeing him all cute and fluffy in the movie... it really does make me wanna give him a hug. But that's only because it has been years since I read the Capture. I need to reread

red_uni387

well Eglantine isn't a very good name either XD
he didn't look cute and fluffy to me....just EVIL >>

Neocridders

Haha. I think Eglantine has a nice little ring to it. It sounds better than Kludd.
Hmm. Another character, though, that I liked, was Ezylryb.

red_uni387

well Metal Beak wasn't much of an improvement either >>
Ezylryb is awesome, love how he made them eat the 'hair'
Mist was cool too, I love Lasky's discription of how she seemed to be made of the stuff :D

Neocridders

Quote from: red_uni387 on March 06, 2010, 10:38:24 PM
well Metal Beak wasn't much of an improvement either >>
Ezylryb is awesome, love how he made them eat the 'hair'
Mist was cool too, I love Lasky's discription of how she seemed to be made of the stuff :D

Hortense? Ahhh I forgot about her.
I can't remember much of her part in the capture, except for the fact she fell off a cliff, and was thought dead. And many owls named their children Hortense after that. And she was small, she looked like a young owl.

Ooooh Zan and Streak! Love those. For some reason, those two always go in my head as Gryphons, not eagles.

red_uni387

she was the one rescuing the eggs ^^ they caught her though, and she was 'killed' and one of the eagles had their tongue torn out as well
the flecks caused her to look like an owlet, so she gave up life to help save eggs <3

doh you're gonna make me think that too! XD

Neocridders

You know it'd be the coolest thing ever! The eagles always make me think magestic and stately, I  can't even think of them as non-gryphons though, so it will be fun to see them in the movie.
Haha. I knew that.
Yes.

red_uni387

I just see them as towering over the owls xD

Neocridders

Quote from: red_uni387 on March 06, 2010, 11:21:17 PM
I just see them as towering over the owls xD

Hmm... yes. I do believe that would fit them.
:) hehe

Ahhh... what's your opinion on Coyrn?

red_uni387

HE DIED ;_;

again cliche, runs away and just happens to be so pure and good and becomes king xD

Wolfs Fang

*POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING*

Quote from: Neocridders on March 06, 2010, 10:11:25 PM

They are worth reading, if you like long, thought out plots. It reminds me of a Harry Potter for younger readers, because of how detailed it is. It goes way beyond the average book.

Yes, I like long, complicated plots. XD But I already know a heck of a lot of plot spoilers, as well as some of the basic outline of the book(s).

I don't want to know any more than I already know, but just tell me... Is this summary (about) right? Or did I get a lot wrong? I'm not even sure how much I know. XD

So basically there's this owl-thingamabobber named Soren or something, and he's owl baby with a bunch of owlets in a nest. But then he fell out, and then he somehow ended up at this owl-academy where they're planning to do something evil to all the little owlets or whatever they're called. And then he escapes the owl-academy with an owl-dude-friend, and this other owl-dude-friend, and they go looking for this shiny golden tree which is VERY IMPORTANT AND POWERFUL because it is shiny. :D And then some random stuff happens, and then they somehow find the shiny-golden- tree thing and a bunch of other owls. And then they have to get this UBERLY POWERFUL WEAPON which is a set of claws, and then there is this EPIC BATTLE with an evil owl-thing who apparently wants to take over all of Ga'hoole or something, and then some random owl-dude rips out the spine of the evil owl-dude with the claws. And then the evil-owl-thing screams and dies, and then there is peace in Ga'hoole and everyone is happy and whatnot. But then the golden tree thing starts dying, and Soren and his owl-friends have to go on a quest to save it or something. And then some random stuff happens, and then the tree stops dying. And then there's a owl named Nyroc, and he's the son of the evil owl-thing that had its spine ripped out, but then Nyroc doesn't want to be like his father, so he changes his name to Coryn. Then more random stuff happens, then there's these awesome wolves that live on ice, and some eagle-things, and some owls get banished, and eventually everyone lives happily ever after. :D
Am I right? >_>

~Fang
~~

red_uni387

Soren finds 3 other friends :}
and the battle claws are just weapons, they are UBER POWERFUL or anything
and then I got confused with your summary XD I'll tell you at school lol

Neocridders

It was a bit cliche, but I thought that one fit. I think that it was good that instead of staying on just one owl the whole series it really moved to a lot of perspectives. And then with coryn, it was just... unexpected in my own opinion. The books were completely about a barn owl and his friends, and then they were battling the pure ones, and then the brother and the most evil owl alive had an egg... had to destroy it. She  layed another egg, and Nyroc was, to me, not something I expected to really get very important. I was amazed that this character got to be one of the main characters who saved everyone, killed his mother, and helped the world from the pure ones.

Ooooh. What about the Styga? Or Orlando, the blue owl.
What did you think of him?

red_uni387

true....the 7th book I think was my favorite because of that :D

that....HAGSFIEND *shudders* what happend with him? I thought he was gonna be a good guy :(

what do you think of Trader Mags and Bubbles? hehe xD

Neocridders

I don't remember what hagsfiend you are talking about, sorry :/

But, I did like Trader Mags. I can't remember if I liked Bubbles.
I liked Trader Mags, not for really any reason at all, honestly...

red_uni387

the blue owls...the book said they had evolved from hagsfiends :[

Mags had a bald spot xD though I feel sorry for poor Bubble, always getting yelled at by Mags :(

Neocridders

That's right.
And they were spoiled Hagsfiends, and they had such extravagant feathers they could not fly, or so I think I remember?
Well, for some reason I feel they were called Dragon Owls, but maybe this is just me?

And Mags, she wore a bandana, yes? But didn't she get hurt sometime?

red_uni387

yes you remember right ^^ (for both long feathers and Dragon Owls)

yep, to cover her bald spot :) when did she get hurt?

Neocridders

For some reason I feel likeags was attacked by either hagsfiends or werewolves. :/

red_uni387

I don't remember....need to reread again xD

Neocridders

Quote from: Wolfs Fang on March 06, 2010, 11:46:45 PM

*POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING*

Quote from: Neocridders on March 06, 2010, 10:11:25 PM

Yes, I like long, complicated plots. XD But I already know a heck of a lot of plot spoilers, as well as some of the basic outline of the book(s).

I don't want to know any more than I already know, but just tell me... Is this summary (about) right? Or did I get a lot wrong? I'm not even sure how much I know. XD

So basically there's this owl-thingamabobber named Soren or something, and he's owl baby with a bunch of owlets in a nest. But then he fell out, and then he somehow ended up at this owl-academy where they're planning to do something evil to all the little owlets or whatever they're called. And then he escapes the owl-academy with an owl-dude-friend, and this other owl-dude-friend, and they go looking for this shiny golden tree which is VERY IMPORTANT AND POWERFUL because it is shiny. :D And then some random stuff happens, and then they somehow find the shiny-golden- tree thing and a bunch of other owls. And then they have to get this UBERLY POWERFUL WEAPON which is a set of claws, and then there is this EPIC BATTLE with an evil owl-thing who apparently wants to take over all of Ga'hoole or something, and then some random owl-dude rips out the spine of the evil owl-dude with the claws. And then the evil-owl-thing screams and dies, and then there is peace in Ga'hoole and everyone is happy and whatnot. But then the golden tree thing starts dying, and Soren and his owl-friends have to go on a quest to save it or something. And then some random stuff happens, and then the tree stops dying. And then there's a owl named Nyroc, and he's the son of the evil owl-thing that had its spine ripped out, but then Nyroc doesn't want to be like his father, so he changes his name to Coryn. Then more random stuff happens, then there's these awesome wolves that live on ice, and some eagle-things, and some owls get banished, and eventually everyone lives happily ever after. :D
Am I right? >_>

~Fang

My appologies! I missed this post before!
I think you have the overall summary of most books, but in a way, i feel like the summary is very wrong. I mean, in the big picture, most of what you said does happen, but that's not really... What happens.

I think what you said is true, but that's not exactly... How it happens. Yeah, my responce may make little sense, but to me it seems like you skipped the important things and just know  a few not so main events. Don't get me wrong, the book works so that everything in the story ends up being important, but that may be why it is impossible to summarize. You can't leave much out for things to make sense.

I do hope you choose to read the books, you might understand what i mean XD sorry that it is confusing.

red_uni387

*falls over* you MISSED that post? lol

and don't worry, I shall be forcing Fangy to read them :]

Wolfs Fang

Yes, I'm sure I'll understand everything A LOT more once I've acutally read the books. XD I just know a bunch of random facts.

Quote from: red_uni387 on March 07, 2010, 07:32:37 PM
*falls over* you MISSED that post? lol

and don't worry, I shall be forcing Fangy to read them :]

Oh noes. Forcing? That doesn't sound so good. XD

~Fang
~~