News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Happy Birthday to me! Birthday snake brag

Started by toffeeca, March 08, 2010, 01:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toffeeca

Yesterday was my 20th birthday, so from my parents I got a snake. Saturday we went to a really amazing reptile store in Berkeley to get a snake for me. My younger sister, dad, boyfriend, and I all went. I was looking for a corn snake so my sister asked one of the men working there if they had any babies. He took us over to the counter and brought out all these little shoe box sized plastic containers.
He took out each baby and told me what kind it was, since all the colors have different names, and he let me hold each one. She after holding all the corn snakes I had narrowed it down to two, but I wanted to wait for my dad to come back from moving the car to get his opinion. So while we were waiting the guy working there asked me if I wanted to see some of the king snakes, since they are similar to corn snakes. I said sure and he brought over like 10 more containers. He did the same thing of letting me hold each one. It was a really fun thing. Once my dad came back I showed him the three I was debating between, I had added a king to the maybe pile.
I decided to go and get everything else that I needed for the snake and then come back to choose which snake. We got all the stuff, and came back. I eventually decided on the Aztec corn snake. While he was ringing everything up, my boyfriend asked what the gender was. The guy just picked up the snake and checked right there. Turns out I got a girl!

Here she is

Last night, while driving my boyfriend home, we were going through names, and I decided on Delilah Fae. Yea, my snake has a middle name, but I liked both names so much. ><

She is my first snake and I am so very excited to have her. I fed her yesterday and she ate a pinkie that looked so big compared to her, but she just sucked that whole thing down. :)

BabyKittenCandy

Wow! She is really pretty! I have no experience with keeping snakes but I do love them, a mate of mine had a Californian King Snake who used to curl up with me. :)

Tribe

Oh shes pretty, ive had snakes before all ball pythons though. I adore the larger snakes, though my husband couldnt stand when we had a friend living with us who had a 5 ft red tail, oh she was beautiful XD I hope to get another snake in the future (far future when my children are grown and gone) and start breeding myself :D

indigowulf

I love snakes - yours looks like a little living ruby.
I have a ball python now that Ive had for .. wow its going on 6 years now.
I used to have a cook's tree boa. turns out those get very mean once they curl up and get comfy somewhere. Happy birthday! Next year its a bottle of tequila ;)