News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Script Frenzy?

Started by Garney, April 01, 2010, 02:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garney

As you may or may not know, I'm a huge NaNoWriMo freak. I've done it for years and most years I'm highly successful. The last couple years I even set my goal at 150k instead of just 50k because the latter is just too easy for me.

This success isn't my own doing, it's that of my group. We have an amazing group of writers here, some of the fastest in all of NaNo. Each year we have one or two people who finish 50k in two or three days. I've never gone that fast, usually in nine I'm at 50k. XD

So my group this year kept pestering me about Script Frenzy until last night I finally broke down and agreed to it. It's not going to be some insane put everything else on hold writing attempt, but just a new venture into a type of writing I've never done before. If I get ten pages I'll be thrilled.

But as of right now, I can't decide if I want to script my old anime series pilot, or the novel I finished last year. And I spent at least an hour just fiddling with script programs and websites figuring out format and tips and structure. I think I've got it, maybe. I finally found a simple Word template to work from XD

100 pages of script in 30 days, who else is part of the insanity?