News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Talk about a moral dilemma :(

Started by Math, April 30, 2010, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Math

Okay, on Wednesday I went to riding lessons, expecting a non-sad lesson... but it didn't happen. :( If you can remember that horse I was telling you all about, this is about him.

My instructor (we'll call her L) decided to name the horse Millar (after Ian Millar! :D). :) She decided to ride him one day, and she comes to find out that he has back problems and he is mildly lame. She spent 15 minutes trying to get him to go forward. And when he backs up, he locks his stifle which she called a farrier up to examine and he said he has never seen anything like it.

After talking with the farrier for awhile, he said that Millar would probably need at least a whole summer just in the pasture. In which case, L doesn't need a pasture ornament as she is looking for a horse for my riding buddy and I to lease.

Anyways, she believes it was caused by the huge accident he was in just two weeks ago on his way to the stable. The driver fell asleep and drove the truck and trailer into the woods. A tree had actually gone up through the floor of the trailer.

She is really in deep. :( She has no idea on if she can afford to own a pasture ornament, and the guy that she got him from is all business and will send Millar to a factory to be made into dog food if he turns out to be unsellable. She does believe that Millar has potential, and was a great riding horse before the accident.

So, anyways, my mom is going to try and convince our veterinarian friend (who works with horses, cows... etc.) to volunteer his services to see if Millar can recover.

So yes, my instructor is in a moral dilemma (as she calls it). She said that she may hold a fundraiser at one point though. :) I'm just really sad about it, because Millar is such a sweetie. <3

XLostxDestinyX

Best wishes for everything to turn out ok <3
Poor Horsie :(

Nighthenge

Is there an equine chiropractor in your area Math?  I've heard they can work wonders.  He may have twisted something in the accident and will improve with an adjustment.

Math

I don't believe so. :( At the moment, we're just hoping that our friend (the one who is a large animal vet) will be able to come check him out for free, or a lesser price. *hopes*