News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

I was whited-out today.

Started by Neocridders, May 21, 2010, 02:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

Every year at my school, the Friday before prom is known as 'White-out day'.

This is to inform everyone about what can happen. Throughout the day, a nine-foot grim reaper walked the halls and took students from classes. The students would return to class with a black shirt and a white face. They were whited-out.
A total of 47 kids in our school of 2000+ were whited-out to demonstrate the number of kids between the ages of 15 and 18 that were killed every day in car accidents.
People do stupid things. This was designed to let kids visualize what might happen if they do something stupid to have fun, like drinking and driving or even texting while driving.
This was in my eyes  a very smart thing. It gives a reminder that underage drinking, and drinking while driving, could result in the loss of your own life and anyone in your car or in another car.

Throughout the day, about 6 or 7 kids were pulled from a class by a grim reaper. These kids were then given a shirt and had their faces painted white. The kids then returned to class, not allowed to speak the rest of the day.
The kids were not picked at random, but a teacher would select one of his or her students that he or she felts was responsible enough to not talk, and was generally a good student. I am glad to know that I am a good student in one of my teacher's eyes.
I am proud to say I did not speak until a tiny work last period, a moment before class was over. But, even so, I think I did a good job.

I just wanted to share. It is just frightening to think about everyone I know, and then imagine one of them being hurt over the weekend. It's scary. I've already lost one peer this year, and it was without a doubt one of the sadest things I've ever experienced.

I just wanted to share. I won't be going to prom, since it's for Juniors and Seniors unless asked by a junior or senior, and since that is not me, I won't be attending. But I wanted to post this to let everyone know. I want everyone who reads this to think it over. I know most people on secundi are mature and older than I am, but it's still a good thing to remember. Remember those who are lost, and be smart to make sure no one else is lost.

It was a sad and exciting day at the same time, and I need to go find out how to wash this paint off my face. It's clown paint, so it's really sticky and gross.

Leafy

ew. Greasepaint. Dish soap followed by heavy moisturizing :\

That's a brilliant idea on part of your school though, and quite a way to drive home the message of what could happen especially with drinking and driving or careless driving. Kudos to your school!