News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

IMMD

Started by Ryuukokoro, July 11, 2010, 12:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuukokoro

Never heard of this website before, but I saw one of my friends had done some of her facebook updates and kept ending them with IMMD so I googled it and found a website called It Made My Day. Kinda like FML but with good stories instead. ^^ I totally approve! Here's some great ones:

I was sitting out front, reading a book, when my mate's little sister drove up in one of those toy Jeeps and said, completely serious: "Get in, loser. We're going shopping."

On the bus today a senior citizen was playing on a DS. After a few minutes he yelled "darn it Charmander!"

Today while having dinner with some friends, people started yelling in the back of the restaurant. After a few moments our waiter came to our table and said, "I apologize in advance. What you are hearing is an argument over parking. Once again, I apologize for any profanity or violence you may witness." He then finished with, "Enjoy the fight!"

A friend of mine gave us a romper suit for our newborn girl saying "Level 1 Human" (stats HP 2, STR 3, DEX 2, STA 2, WIS 3, CHA 20). Even though my wife is not a gamer she surprised me by putting the baby down to play in her playpen saying: "Here, go earn some experience points".

I went to go get my chewed up nails worked on and when I sat down, the nail technician took one look at them and said "Don't worry, we can rebuild them. We have the technology."

I overheard two little kids, a boy and a girl around six or seven, playing outside my apartment. The boy said "Rarrr! Let's play zombies!" The girl got excited but said "No! Let's play NAZI zombies!" Totally MMD!

My husband and I were driving down a country road on Memorial Day weekend, and I commented that everything was closed. He said, "Of course they're closed, it's Sunday and these are God fearin' people." About a mile later, we passed a business called God Fearing Brothers Auto Repair.

On a dark, rainy evening, on a bus packed with silent and gloomy people who'd had a long day at work, a woman near the front stood up and hollered, "oh my god, I DROVE to work today!" the whole bus erupted into laughter, the laughing driver let her out so she could catch another bus back to the city.

I was humming the Harry Potter theme song as I waited on the elevator at work today. When it opened, the person coming on looks at me and says. "You're a wizard Harry."

Today was my last day of school, when i got home i was walking my dog and I saw a helicopter fly by me. about 5 minutes later i see it again flying really low, then the pilot opens the door and yells at me "THATS A REALLY NICE DOG YOU GOT THERE."

I saw a girl wearing a helmet while working out on an exercise bike.

Last week, i was working at an Anime and video game convention in Western Ky, and we were double-booked in the convention center with a wedding reception. The guests looks varied from horrified to amused as they wandered through. Later in the evening, two little flower girls, about 4 and 3, came running out with a disposable camera. "Come on, let's go take pictures of the crazy people!!!"

indigowulf

keep em coming, these are great!

Ryuukokoro

Today, my aunt was telling me about her going to see the "Vagina Monologues" soon. My 8 year old cousin overheard, and immediately asked "What's a monologue?"

My one year old (whose middle name is Ann) was yelling to her Daddy who was in the yard and could not hear her through the window. After yelling "Daddy" a few times very loudly, she said even louder "Daddy Ann"! She already knows the middle name means business.

I was talking to a friend of mine about the World Cup. He looked at me in all seriousness and told me, "I keep turning on ESPN to watch the Vuvuzela concerts, but some dudes keep playing soccer."

My facebook alerted me to the fact that my Grandfather liked the following 7 pages: Being Conservative, Jesus Daily, Sarah Palin, The Bible, NCIS, Law and Order, and South Park. One of these things is NOT like the other.

The mother of 3 girls behind us in line called my little girl, "A Cute Pretty Princess" and my one year old responded by growling, and flexing her muscles.

We were driving by a grave yard yesterday and my 7yr old goes "OOOHH DEAD PEOPLE" then quietly and seriously states "thats where the zombies grow"

My microbiology lab teacher at university, who is 40 years old, wears a lab coat with a Umbrella corp. patch. <-- Ryuu's new fave!

I was having a pretty crappy day at school, when I saw a bunch of rules written on the classroom's whiteboard. Rule #1: Any mention of Twilight will NOT be tolerated. Number two was blank, then #3 said: Seriously. There is no fight club.

My 82 year old Gran just got a stair lift installed. The man who installed it said "Now come upstair love, and I'll show you how it goes up" She replies with "Oooh. I haven't had an offer like that in 20 years!"

I was at the LA zoo today. In the bird show they had a family of cranes. Their names were Frasier, Niles, and Lilith.

We live in a shady neighborhood, and today my husband got his bike stolen off of our porch. Less than an hour later one of the neighborhood kids came dragging it back from confronting the thief at a corner store

I was sitting around feeling semi-miserable when my husband asked if ice cream would make me feel better. We had two flavors in the freezer and he asked which one I wanted. I said "surprise me." About a minute later he came running out of the kitchen with his shirt pulled over his head, wearing a scream mask, wielding a serving spoon and shouting "Aahhhhhhh!!!" Once he was satisfied that I was thoroughly surprised, he handed me a bowl of chocolate chip

A kid I fence with told me that he sent an email to the Jonas brothers, in which he called them idiots. They responded. He didn't tell me what they said, but he said he learned a bunch of new swear words.

After my wife's grandmother died, we explained to our three-year-old that when we went to the funeral home, Grandma would be there, but it would just be her body. My daughter thought for a second and then asked, What about her head?

I'm a foreign girl living in Japan and today I joined a gym. When we were doing the paperwork I had to sign something that swore I was not a member of the Japanese mafia!

Today dad made chicken. When he was cutting a piece for me he said "Here, I know you only like white chicken. You racist."

Today I woke up and came downstairs to find my mom watching Aladdin.

The other day I was in the general store wearing my Superman t-shirt. The lady behind the counter said "Are you really Superman?". She was joking around, so I played along. I replied "yes... yes I am". She turns to a small child behind the counter I hadn't noticed was there and said "See, I told you". The kid looked at me in awe.

A display sign in the supermarket advertised "Whole Seedless Watermelons," beneath which someone had neatly written "Personal Size." The display contained limes, not watermelons.

Neocridders

Have you heard of MLIA? My Life Is Average.

It's amazing. Or it used to be. I've actually had a story published. Haha.

These are great though. I'm checking it out.

Ryuukokoro

Our library has a "dead" section for things nobody ever checks out. I picked an odd-looking book to read from there. Between two pages, I found a $20 bill and a thank you note from the author for reading it. <-- WIN!!

*looks up MLIA, even though it sounds boring, lol*

Neocridders

It's people having 'average' awesome things happen. Honestly... Most of the time they are things that don't happen much, so it's average because everyone has random moments like that from time to time i guess is average? Haha...

sera

This thread pleases me.  ^^ i enjoy people having a good moment.  ^^

jojo

Haha, these are great. I think there was something similar to IMMD, called MyLifeIsG, but I googled it and it seems to be down now? Which is too bad, because that's where all the happy stories were. Haha.

MyLifeIsAverage has gotten less about average things over the years (but is still awesome to read), so some people made MyLifeIsActuallyAverage which is an attempt to return to what MyLifeIsAverage used to be, when it included stuff like "Today, I ate lunch."

indigowulf

Best. One. Ever.

When my boss discovered I'd set the office computer's wallpaper to show the photoshopped pic of Edward and Bella spied on by a dinosaur, she not only laughed but mischievously declared, "I'm Team Raptor."

jojo

Reviving an old thread, but I came across this today and I wanted to share it with you guys!

It's called LGMH, or LoveGivesMeHope. Super sweet stories on there, they make me happy to read XD
http://www.lovegivesmehope.com/

springacres

Aww, I love these :D

I woke up this morning to my cat sleeping next to my head. I reached out to pet him and he started purring, so I laid my head down to go back to sleep. Suddenly he reached out his paw, still purring, and started petting my face. I've never had my cat pet me back before, IMMD!

Went on errands on the bike, pulled up to a stoplight and the car next to me had a cute doggy in the back seat, choc lab i think, well i made faces at him and the owner laughed. Next stop light, the owner let the window down enough co i could reach over and scrub his ear for a second while we were waiting. IMMD