News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

NaNo, Anyone?

Started by sera, September 20, 2010, 10:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sera

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

sera has signed up! (As seraaches)  She would love to connect and encourage anyone else who shall attempt NaNo this year! x3

Leafy

I might do the Mango this year, dunno yet if I'm up for the challenge x_X;;

http://community.livejournal.com/nanomango/profile

Ryuukokoro

*cracks knuckles* I'll be there! Can't sign up atm, since I'm at work and they block most sites. XD (But not Secundi, thanks to Sil's amazing coding skills, perhaps?)

jojo

What is this nanomango thing!? It looks amazing! :O

Do you have to specially sign up for it? I'm not familiar with LJ XD;

Leafy

prettymuch have an LJ account and join the community, I usually just stalk it lol

YourLoveOnly

Oooh NaNoMangO sounds neat too! But I also love regular NaNo.. Maybe I'll do NaNoWriMo in November and then join the second round of MangO in June. I'm not sure yet, but I defenitely wanna do something.

sera

MangO looks AWESOME but so way more daunting than merely writing 50,000 words. xD;;;;;  GAMBATTE, LEAFY and YLO if ya'll do it! xD;  i highly suggest that people do.  ^^  It's a great exercise for your mind and your skills. <3

Yay, Ryuu! x3  Can't wait to get you added, too. >3

Now, if only i had a plot. . . XD;;;

bewilderness

Am definitely planning on it this year, if my stress load lightens up, anyway.  Instead of working on a new novel though, my goal is to write 25k words on the Nano novel I started last year (and maybe finish it).  I'm just not up to 50k this year.

My novel from last year is a fanfic of a little known series of books from the late 80s called The Secret of the Unicorn Queen.  This one picks up where the last book, #6, left off.  My banner from last year:

Sunchaser

i think i might try agian this year as i dont have classes at the same time as NaNo. I kinda wanna work on my book ive had in my head for a couple years.

Mutt

I completed NaNo last year but this year I have my 7 month (nearly 8 months) old pup who likes to eat inedible objects to care for this year. So if I do it this year I don't expect to complete it XD I may even just finish my story from last year.

YourLoveOnly

@sera: I can't find you D= Stupid search doesn't seem to be working.

On another note, YLO has lost her sanity. I am going to attempt doing both NaNoMangO and NaNoWriMo during November, knowing there are at least 5 days I will not be able to write and draw because I won't be home >.>

Ryuukokoro

XD Good luck YLO!

What's your username on there? I want a big buddy list! :3

I'm on the site under Ryuukokoro! *adds sera*

Edit: Oh, I alrealy had YLO on from last year. XD;;

YourLoveOnly

xD Exactly, I already had you on my buddy list. And I still can't seem to add sera D=

Is everyone (almost) ready? :D

Ryuukokoro

How do you add people? I do it by going to the 'search' feature and typing seraaches into the author field, then when I'm on sera's page I click the "add buddy" on the left. Not sure if there's another way of doing it, it does seem like a kinda round-about way of adding people, but that's how I got her added lol.

YourLoveOnly

I think that's how you need to do it, yes. But it gives no search results when I type in seraaches or even just sera (I tried it both ways). Have been trying it for 2 days even copy pasting to make sure I didn't miss some typo.

Ryuukokoro

That is really weird.... *tries it again* It works for me.

Oh! Here, I'll just paste the link to her page here. Duh. XD I'm so oblivious sometimes. I should have thought of this earlier:

sera: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/651512

Oooo and here's me!
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/443538

YourLoveOnly

Yay that works ^^
And I already had you from last year =)

Ryuukokoro

I has a word counter!! ^___^ *points to sig*

YourLoveOnly

I am ahead!! =D

I had to make 5K at the end of today, I am at 5550 right now and I only just woke up! Going to a write-in today, so I think I might make it past 10K tonight =) I think I am going to work on NaNoMangO for a bit now.

How is everyone else doing?

PonyMama

Being sick most of yesterday really badly I only managed about 1000 words, but I will try and catch up today now that although I am still sick I seem to be on the mend.  I need to get my word count up

Ryuukokoro

Ryuu is behind everyone. :( Life is too distracting!! *sees a bird fly by the window* Oooo...

Ravvana

I really wanted to do NaNo this year, but college is kicking my butt :( I may just try to write a 50k novel in another random month in which I actually have some free time >.>

Mutt

I'm struggling to write I think with my puppy eating ibuprofen and printer ink all in one week I've just got too much to worry about, I just can't get into NaNo at all this year, this time last year I was well ahead of my daily goal now I'm barely meeting my daily goal.

Ryuukokoro

0_o And I thought my cat eating the plastic Christmas ornaments was bad.

You're doing great though, Mutt! You're way ahead right now. Keep it up! ^_^