News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

My Little Pony: FiM

Started by jojo, April 12, 2011, 11:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

I just caught up with this show, and I LOVE IT. It's so incredibly clever and fun to watch. Have you guys been keeping up?

I especially love the "brony" movement -- there's like this influx of dudes that are not afraid to admit they love this show. Haha.

I'm also obsessed with this remix of Pinkie Pie's Evil Enchantress song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atnSTtiWU5E
The guy who made it has a ton of other very nice My Little Pony remixes.

Overall, I'm so glad that so many people love this show, because it's great. XD

Ryuukokoro

This show is soooo awesome! ^_^ I know me and Soli are both big fans. She even has a Secundi adoptable shop based on the show! She's only done one event so far but the lines are just adorable.

I've been a fan of MLP for decades, which continues with this show. I still have my original well-played with toys, and also 200 much better condition Ponies I keep on display as a collector. The show is just awesome and holds up well to the MLP tradition that started in the 80's.

The bronies crack me up. I sincerely have no idea why the show is appealing to adult males. For me, MLP has always been about nostalgia, it reminds me of my childhood. I wouldn't think the plots, which are pretty clearly aimed at children, would hold a guy's interest... But hey, I'm glad for all the followers the show has, whatever their reason is for liking it! ^_^

I'm going to Otakon this summer and I'm cosplaying Rainbow Dash and DJ PON-3. <3 Other friends of mine are doing Derpy and Time Lord! XD

jojo

Hahaha nice!! I'm excited to see people cosplaying as the ponies!! XD

Yeah, for me, this show is the first MLP exposure I've ever gotten. I guess I can relate to the bronies that way. There's no nostalgia there for me, I guess the characters and humor have charmed me :3

What I really want is an RP board or something based on FiM... it would be so much fun. It seems like it'd be very easy to make your own character in Equestria and the show has already introduced a lot of information about the world that would making RPing fun.

OR, I want to run a MLP D&D campaign. Hahaha.

Ryuukokoro

I totally don't have enough time to join another board, but the idea of a place to RP the FiM world sounds like fun! There's some aspects of the world I really find interesting, such as the seasons can't change without the help of the Ponies, and I agree it would be fun to RP. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts there's already at least one such message board out there. ^^

Interesting to talk to someone who didn't grow up with MLP's! I agree the characters are original and entertaining. The plots I find a little predictable. I mean, it's a kids' show after all. I can tell exactly how each episode is going to end by the time I'm 10 minutes into it. (As soon as I saw Celestia's sick bird in the latest ep I was like "Oh, that must be a pheonix. Fluttershy's going to try to help without asking Celestia first, heh...") But even if it is predictable, I still enjoy it. :)

I think the show would be even better if Lauren Faust wrote more episodes. She only wrote the script for the first two episode two-parter, and then helped with the script for ep 3. But maybe she'll be back to writing scripts later on, I heard season 2 has the return of Luna, Celestia's sister. :D

Solistia

OMG MLP:FiM D&D, I MUST DO THIS THING *A* <<loves tabletop

But yes, Ryuu and I both super duper love this show....and at my roommates birthday party I found a new pony friend 8D She's almost as obsessed as me (though she was jealous of my complete collections of the McD's toys >w> myuhuhu)

And uuuggghhh I really need to get PonyVille up and going, there's just been so many other things going on >____o I always feel like I'm behind 8A8

jojo

*pats Soli* it's okay don't stress out :3 There's plenty of time!

Hhhhhhhhmmmmm I wonder if we could do like an online D&D thing somehow? I've heard of software that allows this, maybe we could do a one-shot MLP D&D session if we get enough people XD I'm not sure how it would work though, so if there was an experienced DMing willing to run this I'd totally jump on it.

Wow, now I want to go make up a character. XD

Ryuukokoro

*huggle for Soli* You've got sooo much going on, it's not surprising you are behind in some things! I meant to offer to color for you... *goes to find that thread*