News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Words of Wisdom from a 17 year old

Started by SplitX, December 01, 2009, 08:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SplitX

Well, my father has said for many, many years that I am wise. Now, for a 17 year old, that is an incredible compliment. He says that I am more wise than most people he knows (and that's really saying something, considering he's a lawyer, so he knows TONS of governors, other lawyers, judges, etc. He even knows George W. Bush on a first name basis, 'cause he was helping head his campaign in the election before last in Virginia). Any way, I have gone through an innumerable amount of things in my life. I've been through pretty much every type of heartache, relationship problem, health problem (not EVERY, and not nearly every, but still), etc. I suppose that's helped me have some insight to life that other people don't have when they're as young as I am. I thought I would share some of my personal quotes with Secundi. Now, please please do not steal these quotes. They are 100% mine. I haven't checked to see if there are any similar quotes on the internet, so please don't be upset if they're like another quote. XD These are just spontaneous Splitty-thoughts that have helped me keep myself in check every day. If you don't understand a quote, please just feel free to ask. Some of them kinda have deeper meanings, I suppose I could say. I hope this is on the right forum, and I hope that one will brighten your day, help you through a troubled spot, or just give you some food for thought. ^__^ I'm not trying to brag or any thing. I'm not trying to say I'm wise. I'm not even saying that my quotes ARE wise. I'm just sharing my thoughts & feelings with my friends on Secundi.

These are a few I have right off the bat. If people show interest in this, or at least like my quotes, I will be adding more. :) All opinions/thoughts are completely loved & admired.

"When we are young, we are slaves to knowledge and learning. When we grow older, we use the knowledge granted to us, realize that it is a gift, and break our own bonds and chains to be free to do any thing we wish. Our only limits are then our dreams. The sky is the limit. We must cherish our slavery in education and work our hardest so that our freedom in the future may taste much sweeter. It is one of the most important victories that this life has to offer us."

"It is easy to be fooled by someone who openly proclaims himself wise. Be wise yourself and realize that the wisest of people are humble and unpretentious. It is even easier to think yourself wise. Be as wise as an elder who's lived one hundred years on this earth, and prevent events and actions that will end with a simple yet painful 'I told you so.'"

"Opposites attract. Even the sweet, tranquil lamb brings the fierce, starving lion closer. Not everything is going to be the way it seems. The lion may put on a lamb's pelt and lure the lamb into its lair. Keep nature and its ways in mind as you choose friends. Do not be fooled by obvious displays of charity and bright movements of generosity. Think of the intentions instead of the actions and you will be safe from the sneaking lion that comes to uproot you and take you away."

"There is so much beauty in the world that goes completely unnoticed. Even the ocean remains a mystery to us. The beautiful coral reefs that we can see as clear as day are not even the beginning of the gorgeous mystery we live on. Life is short. Even the shortest of lives, when filled with beautiful things and loving people, will be the happiest life. Take time out of your day to appreciate what you can see. It does not even take five minutes to look up at a cloud and admire its puffy brilliance and realize how lucky you are to be alive and well."