News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Secundi Convention?

Started by Sunchaser, January 20, 2013, 05:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunchaser

Okay this might seem silly but I know I would love to meet some of you in person. Would anyone be interested in maybe doing a meeting in person? I know I can't really travel far but I would love to meet some of you all. FYI I live in Jacksonville, Florida ^_^

Wildfilly94

I second this! I would LOVE to meet some of my awesome secundi friends, but can't go TOO far without a job or car. XD

I live near St.Louis, Missouri.

jojo

I'd totally be up for this too! Right now I'm near San Francisco, CA.

If an in-person thing turns out to be difficult due to travel, we could do a "virtual" convention, like a group video call?

Sunchaser

oo that would be fun
Like do a giant join me with everyone

Ryuukokoro

Except some of us can't get join.me to work on their laptop. *kicks machinery*

We could find a convention on a topic everyone enjoys, like a fantasy/sci fi convention, and we could all try to meet up there. ^_^

Winged

This sounds fun, but i can't afford plane tickets to america so that won't work for me xD
Owner of Gliders!

Leafy

I'm game for meetups, I cross country pretty often for conventions actually lol this year I'll be down in Orlando FL in May for a con, then over to Atlanta, GA for another con in March, up in Detroit Michigan in April for a wedding, not sure what's going on past that, but I'm from Columbia SC

Luv007

I'm in freaking ALASKA.... so I'm with Winged.  Not a different country, but there is no way that's happening til we get back down to the lower 48 where driving is reasonable.

Sunchaser

leafy when in may? me and hubs will be down in orlando for either my birthday or our anniversary :

YourLoveOnly

I also second Winged.. No cash for trips that far away. I could probably do the UK or Germany though, if we ever arrange a Europe meet and greet. I think there's quite a few UK people here (Winged, Willow, BKC, zarzamora and I'm pretty sure there are more) so maybe we can do a Europe based one once :) I'd love that.

And I agree, I would love to meet tons of others too but doubt I can ever travel that far, because of money but also because of my health. But I'd love to try someday.

Scullisto

I live in the Tampa/St Petersburg area...So a SE meet up is doable for me.  Maybe a UK unit meet up and another group meet up and do a video conference together...one big video/live meet up.

Wildfilly94

Quote from: Leafy on January 21, 2013, 09:44:27 AM
I'm game for meetups, I cross country pretty often for conventions actually lol this year I'll be down in Orlando FL in May for a con, then over to Atlanta, GA for another con in March, up in Detroit Michigan in April for a wedding, not sure what's going on past that, but I'm from Columbia SC

Leafy will be so close to me in March! I'll be in Panama City, FL the 17th through the 23rd. D: But I cant detour up there to visit :/

Wildfilly94

Quote from: Scullisto on January 21, 2013, 01:12:58 PM
I live in the Tampa/St Petersburg area...So a SE meet up is doable for me.  Maybe a UK unit meet up and another group meet up and do a video conference together...one big video/live meet up.
I think this would be doable and fun! All us US people try to meet in a place thats doable for all of us, and all the UK people meet up in a doable place for them, and one person from US and UK conference eachother with the whole group there. :D

Daimas

Sounds like it would be fun, but I have no way to travel. And wild LOL I was just up in St. Louis when we went to get the ex bf. I live in Ava Missouri.

Wildfilly94

D: No way!! I missed you!

BUT glad to hear another Missourian is on Secundi XD Me, you and Silv. :D

Daimas

She's not on hardly anymore but so is garney

Wildfilly94

Silvanon

Actually I'm in Pennsylvania.

red_uni387

Gah I would so love for this to happen but there's no way I'd be able to afford to right now :(

And yay I'm not totally alone on the west coast :D I'm down near Los Angeles, CA

Sunchaser

I was not suggestion one right away but I do think it would be cool to get some of us together, even if all we did was go to a theme park or something. Something where we can meet as many as possible in person. just for fun and i maybe do a video conference with all of us. I would enjoy that.

Wildfilly94

Quote from: Silvanon on January 21, 2013, 02:19:18 PM
Actually I'm in Pennsylvania.

Ahh, mabye it was Garney then, that i was looking at on fb. XD Opps.

Ryuukokoro

I'm in Maine, Sil, we are almost close enough to hang out together. XD *hi5s*

Kahlira

And no-one is near me D= My state sucks! In Louisville KY here.

I don't have much money for travel, but could prolly figure out Skype?

skysnolimit

Ooo yay Runi!  I'm down in San Diego!!!  ^.^

...But I go back to China on the 27th, so I guess just count me out for now o.o

Definitely considering bailing China and coming back to the US starting in September, though  ;D

Daimas

Kahlira

Dailove makes a good test subject I think I might have the skype thing figured out XD

Leafy

Yaaaaaaay, add me Kah! Leafers

Saturnalia

Silv maybe isn't so far from me, since I'm in NJ. Though PA is pretty big and I'm on the wrong side of NJ...

If anyone ever comes to visit NYC (or the Jersey shore) just let me know!

And I'll be in Boston in March for PAX East... *gnaws on Bun* so maybe two of us will both be there if she also goes.

But yes! Meeting people is fun!

Alternatively, I do have a Skype account, though I need to reinstall it...

Daimas

Wildfilly94

I think my skype is xkourtneykatastrophyx but I dont know for sure.. >.> I need to change it. Lol. Made it when I was 15.

Leafy

If I started up a Skype Secundi group would you all be interested?

Winged

I'd be interested :) My skype is ailsat7.
Owner of Gliders!

Sunchaser

Leafy

Gimme Skypes, I've got me and Sat and Winged int eh group so far

red_uni387

Sunchaser

skysnolimit

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Honestly I travel a lot so if anyone wants to meet up I'm game. In fact twice a year I'm near Ryuu and Silv ;D