You know what would be cool? Secundi pets that carried genes.

Started by Neocridders, April 09, 2010, 08:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

What if, after a few generations of that blue wobble, you got something new? What if its ancestor was black with white spots. Wouldn't it be cool if, someday, that wobble popped up again down the line, never having it re introduced, though.

What if wobbles could carry the gene that does not show up?

I don't know how realistic this is, but ... it would be cool, yes?
Just wanted to put it out there.

Poupou

It would, it would! :D

I wonder if it would be a bit like Silv's Buzzles?  :)

Neocridders

Willow

Aw, I went on the Buzzles website the other day :D

I think carried genes would be great, but as it stands, I wouldn't be all that bothered if they weren't included, the staff seem to have enough to do XD
~Willow

Neocridders

Well, yes. They are plenty busy. But, someday, when things stop being busy (and, of course, that is two million years away for the folk that work here) the idea could form something more than just a fantasy...

But, I was just putting the idea out there . I wouldn't be upset if it never happened.

toffeeca

This would also hurt limited lines. There is no way to get rid of a wobble without a chance at someone getting a hold of it first from the reserve. I would find it really bothersome to have to hold on to all the normal colored ones that came out just so my lines wouldn't be limited. :/
But if there was a way to get rid of them, without getting any points, but so the pet had to chance to be picked up by anyone else, then I would support. :)

Neocridders

Quote from: toffeeca on April 09, 2010, 12:30:16 PM
This would also hurt limited lines. There is no way to get rid of a wobble without a chance at someone getting a hold of it first from the reserve. I would find it really bothersome to have to hold on to all the normal colored ones that came out just so my lines wouldn't be limited. :/
But if there was a way to get rid of them, without getting any points, but so the pet had to chance to be picked up by anyone else, then I would support. :)

If they are 'limited lined', should they be breeding anyway?

toffeeca

Limited lines doesn't mean 0 babies. Most people with limited lined animals breed a few to sell/trade to other people. If you now have 50 babies that don't look like the limited pet, but can "carry" that limited coat, then you can't keep the lines limited as easily.

Neocridders

That's not what I meant. If you make an animal 'limited lined' as in, a LL Gidget, his or her offspring are marked genderless. If they are genderless, you would not need to worry, since they are not breeding, therefor not getting that coloring gene out into the public.

I thought that limited lined meant that there were a limited number of offspring, not a limited number of 'look-alikes'. I guess that term has come to be known as look alikes here on secundi, but I imagine that any and all offspring from a gidget count in it's lines. If they are limited, and do not breed any more, then the offspring won't have children either, therefor the lines won't have a chance to pass on the special gene.

toffeeca

I know for me personally, I only count ones that have the same color as one of the limited ones. If I have 10 people wanting a limited gidget of mine, and I give out a brown one, just because it has the limited parent, no one would accept that as one of the offspring that they reserved. I don't know of anyone who counts limited lines as every offspring that is from the limited colored gidget. What if you have ten babies born and none are them are the limited color?
If you do count all offspring from a specific parent, then you would have to keep them all, because sending a brown gidget to the reserve, anyone is free to buy it, and given that it is a common color, no one would have a problem changing them back to having a gender.

I do like the idea, I would just like a way to get rid of pets without someone else having a chance at claiming them first.

Neocridders

I understand what you mean. I personally have never had my own gidgets be LL. If I did, I would wait until the amount is to be born is born, and then trade a limited number of them.

But I understand what you are saying, and I agree, a way to trade in for no one else to keep would be nice.