News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gryphions: The Feathered Feet | Breeding Information

Started by Gryphions, April 23, 2010, 05:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphions

Until a website is ready with all gryphion information, I'll have this thread for people to ask questions and suggest ideas. If anything is over complicated, I'll go back and take out all irrelevent information.

Please know: This is a thread for questions and suggestions. I won't be mad if they are questions about anything, including other aspects than breeding.

If you, however, are looking to talk or roleplay gryphions, please for the time being post that only in the main thread in generals.

As I start to organize the information to put it in a website, things might be a little messy and seem out of place. If something seems completely wrong or contradicting something else, please just post it here. If it is necessary, PM is fine too. I'd prefer it be asked here, since that is the purpose of this thread.
~~~~~~~~

Some general info:

Gryphions are immortal beings and never die. The only way for a gryphion to die is to be slain in battle. This is very rare and more than likely will not occur.
Gryphions are very intelligent creatures that are not pets. If you are looking for a nice fluffy house pet, I suggest a rabbit or a cat. Gryphions, though they are usually very loyal, typically are offended at being classifyed amoung dogs or other inferior beings.
You can't 'own' a gryphion. If someone says they do, don't worry, no one will hunt you down and TP your home. Just know that humans don't 'own' gryphions, they are bonded to them. A gryphion is no pet, they are a partner, and it is not a partnership if you 'own' them.
A human can bond to as many gryphions as he or she wants. There is no limit. As long as a gryphion wants to bond to you, you may bond with it. There is, however, a limit on how many younglings of your own litters you may keep to bond to. This will be described more later.
If you decide you only want to be friends with a gryphion, and don't want to help to train them or let them breed, that is fine. You are in no way required to roleplay or be active with the gryphion adoptable to own a gryphion. It is, however, recommended and encouraged.
Gryphions are pretty competitive creatures. By bonding with a gryphion, you can help it train to be very good in competitions.
Gryphions don't mate for life usually, but they can. A bonded  gryphion will typically breed with whatever mate the bonded human provides it. There are sometimes cases where the two gryphions are not willing to breed, but this is rare and will be explained more later.
If you decide you want to get a job, your gryphion can aid you while you work. Although gryphions don't really use money currency, you can pay them for their work with a little extra care and food, and a hug is apprichiated time to time. Gryphions that work can sometimes gain roleplaying benifits, to be described later.

Breeding:
When a bonded gryphion is looking to breed, you need to find a gryphion of the other gender in order to produce a litter.
The only way a gryphion can successfully produce a litter is if the two can care for it. In order to care for a litter, a pair will need gryphion feathers to make a nest. By having a gryphion feather handy, the pair will produce a litter.
Litters will range from 3-5 younglings from the typical gryphion feathers. The most common feather is the typical gryphion feather. There might be more feathers later on that will enhance litter quality/quantity, but at this time there is just one type of feather.

If your litter produces more than three gryphions, you may only keep up to three. There are two things you can do if you have a litter of more than three younglings: Give a youngling to another person or give to the gryphion council.
The younglings that are given to other people on secundi will bond to a human and grow up just as the siblings will, just with different owners. If the youngling is given to the council, the youngling will go into the care of a gryphion pair that had a youngling around the same time as your gryphion pair did. Since unbonded gryphions tend to have a lower quantity of offspring, the youngling will be adopted easily by the parents who will raise it until it matures. Of course, if you decide you want to give your youngling to the gryphion council, there will be a reward.

If a gryphion is 'owned' by a cruel human, he or she will not breed. The gryphion simply cannot.
If a gryphion is taking part in breeding, he or she cannot take part in competitions until the litter grows up. This is simply because the parents are active in the maturing of a youngling. They cannot focus on training while caring for their offspring.
Gryphions cannot breed again until their litter is grown, since it would be too stressful to worry about having a litter on the way, plus have younglings about. Once they mature, the gryphions may breed again.
The bonded human in charge of a breeding (the owner of the feather) is also helping with the litter a little. Any other gryphions not being bred are free to participate in competitions. The human, though, can only ask for a breeding once every two weeks. This is to make sure the human can handle helping with the litters. Younglings mature after about a month, so that would be about 2 litters at most at any one time.

To trade younglings:
Younglings are easier to trade than a normal gryphion because they are not considered bonded until they mature.
A youngling can have personality in roleplay, but cannot speak english since they are not bonded. If another gryphion wants to translate to humans, that is fine, but younglings cannot talk directly.
A youngling can be traded at this time for other younglings, matured gryphions, feathers, other gryphion items, secundi pets, and other adoptables/items. At this time no currency should be able to exchange hands during these types of trades, since the gryphion council cannot control who gets what part of whatever deal since money is not a public transaction. At this time there are no exceptions. I hope that this will change some day, but right now it is like it is.

Once all younglings find homes:
Once all younglings find their homes, you'll need to post this form in the current breeding thread.

Parents:
Birthday:
Human in charge of breeding:
Images of all younlings from litter (in numerical order, please):
Litter quantity:
Gryph 1 going to: ____ in exchange for ____
Gryph 2 going to: ____ in exchange for ____
Gryph 3 going to: ____ in exchange for ____
(and if more, please include those)

Then please have all other people involved with this litter post this form:

Parents:
Birthday:
Gryph #
Name:
Bonded to:
In exchange for:

Once all those participating in the trade post their forms, have the human in charge of this breeding post 'All Information Provided'in bold print. Litters will mature in order of that post. If it is incorrect and not all information is provided, I'll not be happy.
If you post too early, and the litter is too young to mature, I also won't be happy. Make sure that the birthday is atleast 1 ahead of the current time, since that is how long a litter needs to mature.

I'll work on litters and they will grown into beautiful young gryphions as soon as possible.

Please make sure you post the litter information if you decide to breed. I won't grow it until it is posted, since I don't know where the adults are going or if they are being given to the gryphion council.
Litters are grown in order of posting, so if you forget and remember 5 months later, you'll still have to wait until all of the ones before are grown, no matter how long your litter has been able to mature.

Please don't post nagging about litters needing to be grown. They will grow in time, and posting a bunch about it will anger the council member growning the litter. If you make the council member mad constantly after multiple warnings, there will be punishment. Punishment will be given on a case by case basis. For example, constant nagging in a breeding thread might result in a ban from the breeding thread for a certain amount of time. This means no litters and no receiving younglings.
Alright, any other questions should be asked so I can include them in the rules and information.

Right now, no breeding is open. This is so the basic skeleton (or over complicated skeleton) is available for everyone to see and ask about before. It will be easier that way so that everyone has understanding before you feel rushed to go breed your gryphions. If I change something, the changed bit should be in red unless it is just taking away some unneeded information.

ALSO A NOTE: If you won a gryphion in the pick a feather event, the feather is not yours to keep. If you won no gryphion in that event, but did pick a feather or were gifted a feather, that feather will be added to your owner page.

Gryphions