News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Sunchaser Needs Help

Started by Sunchaser, March 09, 2010, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunchaser

okay so i am getting married to Marshall and even have my ring getting resized and all that good stuff. I had the most wonderful time the weekend i was with him and have been getting calls everynight since i left since he has a phone now and is in A school. The wedding date is looking to be June 19th right now but that is still subject to change.

Here is where i need help. I have never been a part of planning a wedding as my sister is not married and i myself have of course never been married. So for those that have been married can you help me figure out some cheap things i an do that doesnt look cheap?

Right now im jobless and looking for a job so most of the stuff will be bought using his money and what our parents will give us. But we wanna do as much as we can by ourselves. I will be opening Unilupe customs to try and raise some money for the wedding as well as sell jewelry. Ill have to upload the pics of what i have made as i have gone up with my talent and am working with Sterling Silver now :)

Tribe

Oh lovely jewelry :D i love jewelry and one of kind just makes it way better! If i can budge the hubs when our military bonus comes in ill buy at least one piece from you :D do you have examples so i can dream XD

Also i really want to see you in that lovely wedding dress you had picked out!

As far as wedding planning goes :D whoot we get to do it together me and the hubs were so whatever over wanting to be married that when he got back from iraq we were married within 2 hours at the court house so finally im getting my dream wedding this augest :D probably late augest as i love the fall and its weather!

Sunchaser

http://www.freewebs.com/sunchaserjewelry/

Thats my website though its really old. i still have those pieces though. Ill also take pictures of what my mom has that she stole from me out of sterling silver so you guys can see and what not :) right now im working on my semi unilupes to get that out of the wya and open the usd's

Tribe

Lovely pieces you have there :D Do you make pendants love? I love necklace pendants!

Ryuukokoro

For very inexpensive but nice looking decorations, try the Dollar Store! For my friends wedding we got some really pretty paper tablecloths (which really helps for the clean up afterward @_@ ) and some small glass jars and some glass marbles to go in them (you know like the kind you put at the bottom of fish aquariums?) with the marbles matching the wedding colors, for the table decorations. We also found tiny tiny bottles of bubble solution, and gave one bottle to each guest, and when Tiff and John were walking out to their car, we all stood outside and blew bubbles in front of the doors so they had to walk through them. ^_^ It was so fun! So at the dollar stores you can find tons of cheap pretty things.

My step-sister-in-law had a lighthouse theme wedding (even the cake looked like a lighthouse!) and while you probably don't want to do that, I know you live in Florida so I'll bet you could get to the beach. Seashells are pretty decorations and they will be free and smell like the ocean! ^^

Also here's a company that my mom gets catelogs from ALL the time. You can buy huge lots of stuff for real real cheap. Type wedding into the search bar to see their wedding pages:
http://www.orientaltrading.com/

Sunchaser

Yes i do Hunni :) im almost done with teh unilupes got i believe two more to finish up then ill make a post in the art section for my jewelry :)

THANK YOU RYUU! i didnt even think of the dollar store that is smart idea *nods*. The theme of the wedding is red white and blue. Which of course at the time i thought of my colors i didnt realize they were patriotic :-p so the marble idea is awsome if i can find ones in red white and blue and put roses in them cause i want roses <.<

Tribe

Roses are so pretty :D and with it being in june if you know anyone that grows them you could snip them from the bush and not have to pay gobs of money for them! Thats what im going to do to my grandma XD shes going to have no flowers..im using them all.

Sunchaser

okay going to go post the jewelry thread but figured i would show off my hubby to be as well. Sadly all the photos we have of us are on my phone or dads phone and i cant get them on here *hangs head* so i took this one with my camera of his grad pic

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/Sara109/Jewel/DSC00149.jpg

Tribe

Ahh the navy :D My cousin has a husband in the navy (i swear we lead double lives its not even funny really XD) me and my cousin i mean XD

Sunchaser

lol nice. Yes he is in the navy whats funny is my dad was in the navy to :-p

here is the link to teh jewelry thread :)
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=1379.0