News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Maybe?

Started by SkySong, August 12, 2011, 03:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

Ok, for all moms out there who have toddlers, teenagers, children, doesn't matter. What does 'maybe' mean, when your kid asks you something? Can I have a bowl of ice cream? Maybe. Can I go over to so and so and play? Maybe. Can I get a psp? Maybe.

To me maybe is worse than yes or no, and it drives me up the walls and inside out. So what does my mom mean when she says 'maybe'? I don't ask for something unless I want it soon, and I like to think I don't ask for things that often. So why the heck am I getting maybe?
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Goddesss

Well I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old.  Sometimes maybe means go away you have asked a million times and it is about to turn to no.  Most of the time it just means I am not sure right now.  I am not sure how old you are but I am assuming you are a teen.  You could ask your mom why she says maybe.  Not right after she says it but it would be a conversation for another time so you can understand.  If I was asked right after saying it I would say because I said so, so choose to talk about it at another time.

SkySong

I've only asked her two - three times, and I've been asking for it for a while. I'm quite willing to pay for what I want, but I can't do that, because I can't use my money without my parent's permission. She went to pick my dad up from the airport, but hopefully I can ask her soon. I'm guessing that either a) she wants me to do something but isn't telling me what, or b) she wants to wait for a holiday, which I could care less about.

PonyMama

sometimes maybe when my 9 year old asks means that I need to dscuss it with her dad, or that I need to think it over, or I need more information.  Sometimes it means that she hasn't done ehr chores and it comes down to whether she finishes them or not. 

But I agree, maybe when you and your mom are having some time together ask her what it means, maybe she just wants you to do something around the house to prove you understand that to get something you have to do something first

Luv007

As a mother of three toddlers, it means I need a second to process the question without it being repeated ten times while I'm trying to come up with an answer and is usually followed by yes, no, or the explanation of WHY it is a maybe.

Example:  Jace says "chee" bc we were planning to go to Chuck E Cheese today before ants attacked baby's carseat.  I told him maybe, and then told him he needed to calm down and behave so I could deal with said ants.  He didn't follow through, and the ants were not willing to be dealt with, so mabye became a NO very quickly.

But I get the feeling this isn't what your mom was going for considering I know you're not a toddler with minimal comprehension.  Lol.

SkySong

My request was rather sudden, and she needed a little time to think about if she wanted me to have what I wanted. Thanks for your guys' input, though. :)