News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Does anyone else collect quotes to live by? I do...

Started by Luv007, October 13, 2011, 12:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luv007

Favorite Quotations:  (As I have listed on FB)

"Just because I was built to be a punching bag, it doesn't mean you can't break me."

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." ~E.E. Cummings, 1955

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."

Laugh when no one else is smiling, care when everyone walks away, sing when the world turns deaf, and never forget those that have made you the way you are.

"Love comes when manipulation stops; when you think more about the other person than about his or her reactions to you. When you dare to reveal yourself fully. When you dare to be vulnerable."

"I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone."

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

"Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it most."

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love."

"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love."

"Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams."

"Woman was taken out of man; not out of his head to top him, nor out of his feet to be trampled underfoot; but out of his side to be equal to him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be loved."

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle."

"Courage is knowing what not to fear."

"Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness; but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each."

"It is a weakness that I lead from my heart, and not my head?"

"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing."

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig, you get dirty; and besides, the pig likes it."

"Some people think only intellect counts: knowing how to solve problems, knowing how to get by, knowing how to identify an advantage and seize it. But the functions of intellect are insufficient without courage, love, friendship, compassion and empathy."

"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here's to show days: early mornings, long days, late nights, truck rides, hotel rooms, learning courses, warmups, sunburns, rope burns, countless hours of practice, taking the fall, bruised egos, determination, shavings/hair/hay stuck in your hair and clothes, thousands of dollars, your show team, your trainer, your partner, the drama, hurrying up and waiting, show clothes, competition, missed classes, expectations, blue ribbons, laying down the perfect trip... and most of all, our sport, RIDING.
(Author: Stacia Sullivan)

"Every horse story is a love story."

"Somewhere behind the rider you've become,
the hours of practice you've put in, & the
coaches that have pushed you, is the kid
who fell in love with the sport and never
looked back. Ride for him/her."

21 REASONS TO DATE A HORSE BACK RIDER...
1) We have 4 speeds and many positions
2) We wear tight pants and tall boots
3) We love getting dirty
4) We know how to ride our mounts
5)We perform well with animals
6) We like to be in control
7) We'll ride it for hours
8) We know how to handle a big girth
9) We get off easy
10) We're always on top
11) We like it rough
12) We have our legs spread all day long
13) We love using whips
14) Straddling is our natural position
15) We don't mind being bucked around
16) Event riders do it for three days
17) We can ride standing or sitting
18) We wear leather chaps everyday
19) We think the fast ones are the most fun
20) We're used to having hands between our legs
21) If we fall off we get back on and ride harder
P.S. Have you seen the posting trot???!!!

"I may not be the most beautiful, or the sexiest, nor do I have the perfect body. But I don't pretend to be someone I'm not, I'm good at being me. I might not be proud of some of the things I've done in my past, but I'm proud of who I am today. nobody is perfect, but that's what makes everything interesting."

"Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right."

It's all kinds of these profound things crashing on you when your child arrives into the world. It's like you've met your reason to live. - Johnny Depp

Any woman can give birth; but it take a special woman to be a real mother.

While we try to teach our children about life; they teach us what life is all about.

No matter how motherhood comes to you; it is a blessing.

Real love is trading your pearls for his dog tags.

The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends. - B R Ambedkar

Getting married isn't about finding someone you can spend the rest of your life with. It's about finding someone to annoy for the rest of your life.

"Friends are like bras: close to the heart and there for support."

"If nothing else, I've realized who I can count on. The friends who can read my mind and finish my sentence. Who call me in the middle of a text message, or answer my question before I ask it. Who tell me what's going on in my crazy head."

"Friends ask you why you're crying. Best friends: already have a shovel ready to bury the loser that made you cry."

SkySong

There are a few of those that I love, and totally agree with. Here's another one for you:

"Life's not about living through the storm, but about dancing in the rain."

Quoted from memory, so it's probably not the exact word to word quote. Can't remember who said it. :)
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Luv007

That's beautiful.  I'm adding it to my collection. :)